Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Vegetarians  (Read 8947 times)

Joost

• That Means a Lot
Re: Vegetarians
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2005, 04:16:43 PM »

[quote by=Taxgirl link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1105999225,s=19 date=1106134308]I disagree with vegetarian lifestyle. I was a vegetarian when I was 14 and I got sick after a year, I had serious health problems because of this, so I eat meat again.[/quote]

I became a vegetarian over 2 years ago and I haven't been sick since. The thing is that you shouldn't just leave the meat out of your diet, you have to replace it.

I know at least a dozen vegetarians and for as far as I know, none of them ever had any problems with their health caused by not eating meat.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2005, 04:19:13 PM »

[quote by=Herecomesyoursun link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1105999225,s=15 date=1106083912]i wouldnt be able to do it, I love bacon and steak,

Lenny Pane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2005, 05:28:43 PM »

god damn someones getting a little over sensitive over this topic :o
chill winston !
weather you eat meat or not , i dont think its fair to slate people for eating meat or not eating meat , its a personal preference so at the end of the day EACH TO THEIR OWN !

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2005, 06:55:56 PM »

[quote by=Mr_Kite link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1105999225,s=22 date=1106155723]god damn someones getting a little over sensitive over this topic :o
chill winston !
weather you eat meat or not , i dont think its fair to slate people for eating meat or not eating meat , its a personal preference so at the end of the day EACH TO THEIR OWN ![/quote]

Yeah well, I'm used to getting a lot of sh*t for being a vegetarian so maybe I tend to overreact from time to time... Sorry... But on the other hand, I didn't slate anyone for eating meat here if you carefully read all my posts... I'm just defending my point against people like Wayne who starts his first post with "Vegetarians don't have a clue what they're talking about most of the time" (which I found very offensive) and then goes on rambling about PETA being a bunch of extremists and hypocrites that secretly eat meat (what a load of bull...).

I don't hate meat eaters... My whole family eats meet, and I care a lot about my family... However... I'm usually 100% for the "each to their own" principle, I however don't agree with you that meat eating is a case of "each to their own", because it's not just about YOUR life, but about other lives as well. I know most people think that an animal's life is pretty much worthless, but it sure as hell isn't to me. Life is life. A cow has just as much right to live as we have.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2005, 06:59:10 PM »

I admire vegetarians. I myself am against fur and leather and hunting for sport. However I do eat meat for these three reasons:

1. It's tasty
2. It's convenient.
3. Many of the people in the rural area where I live make their money off of fishing. it's a major source of income and I would feel bad to deprive them of their revenue. Plus, my mom grew up on a farm and my Papa made part of his living by butcgering cattle (he was a farmer.)
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Lenny Pane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2005, 07:40:42 PM »

yeah i know where your coming from BP, i wasnt saying YOU were slating anyone .. i was just saying in general. i totaly respect you opinion, its just for me that i see it that way .. if you eat meat then fair play and if you dont then fair play ...

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2005, 01:51:08 AM »

The consumption of meat takes an enormous toll on land, water and air- resources that are growing more and more precious across the world as environmental devastation becomes a reality. Alan Durning, an environmental researcher for Worldwatch Institute says that livestock agriculture is by far the most damaging part of farming as it is much more intensive in its use of resources and is much more polluting. Livestock played a very important part in the deforestation of Latin America. In Central America, 70 percent of deforested land ends up with cattle on it. In addition to these detriments is the harm to the atmosphere caused by excess of animal wastes. Ammonia fumes from the animal wastes speed up the oxidation of sulfur dioxide, a key factor in the formation of acid rain. Also, the world

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2005, 12:27:23 AM »

[quote by=tkitna link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1105999225,s=26 date=1106185868]An animals waste produces Ammonia and is bad for the atmosphere? Bullsh*t![/quote]

Did anyone else find this choice of words amusing? :)

But seriously: this isn't about 100 cows on 100 acre farms, this is about thousands of cows living in stables, each in a space just slightly bigger than the space a regular bed takes. I don't know how farmers keep their cows in the area where you live, but here there are farms with thousands of cows almost literally stuffed together, not even able to move an inch. Their feet never touch any grass.

[quote by=tkitna link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1105999225,s=26 date=1106185868]To boot, if we didnt hunt and butcher cattle and other animals, that would be cause for that many more animals roaming the lands. [/quote]

That's not true. If people wouldn't eat meat, there would be a whole lot less cows, cause most cows are bred for consumption.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2005, 12:29:50 AM »

This is what I'm talking about.

Goddamn foreign languages... It's hard to explain your point in discussions like these in a language you don't regularly use...

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2005, 12:35:18 AM »

hmm hte pic won't show...theres an X instead

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2005, 12:36:07 AM »

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2005, 12:39:50 AM »

it says: You do not have access to this document

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2005, 12:40:40 AM »

[quote by=tkitna link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1105999225,s=26 date=1106185868]

An animals waste produces Ammonia and is bad for the atmosphere? Bullsh*t!
[/quote]

Hey I did make a funny and didnt even realize it.

Whatever! I really cant argue either side as i've never felt strong enough about the subject to collect any facts. I will still feel no remorse when I order my next burger though. This topic is like religion, politics, abortion, etc,,,. Choose however you like, but its best that neither side be preached.

Lenny Pane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2005, 11:34:28 AM »

[quote by=tkitna link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1105999225,s=32 date=1106268040]

This topic is like religion, politics, abortion, etc,,,. Choose however you like, but its best that neither side be preached.

[/quote]

well said tkitna, i totaly agree !

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2005, 03:33:39 PM »

Vegetarianism is a bit different from the aforementioned subjects IMO...

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2005, 04:49:40 PM »

hey mairi you eat only s.h.i.t.

Lenny Pane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2005, 08:53:42 PM »

Quote from: Russian_Beatles_Club
hey mairi you eat only s.h.i.t.

::)

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2005, 09:00:01 PM »

Oh just go away already.

Soft_Guitar60

• Getting Better
  • surrender to the void
    • Beatlemania
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2005, 10:43:08 PM »

What do you think about vegans? (I'm not a vegan nor a vegetarian)
Man, you've got to have a lot of spirit to be a vegan.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2005, 11:33:02 PM »

Quote from: Soft_Guitar60
What do you think about vegans? (I'm not a vegan nor a vegetarian)
Man, you've got to have a lot of spirit to be a vegan.

Some people called me a hypocrite for consuming dairy products and they're kinda right because, well, chickens and cows are being treated like biological machines to produce it and that's something I of course don't want to support. I'm aware that it's a selfish choice of me to not be vegan. But it simply would be too hard. There's hardly anything left you can eat, you can't ever eat at a restaurant or at someone else's place. It's very easy to leave meat out of your diet and still getting everything you need from your food and stay healthy, but that's a whole lot harder when you also leave out the dairy. I know some people that have been vegan, but none of them lasted for more than a couple of months. So I just draw the line at death. No meat, no fish, no leather.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.308 seconds with 77 queries.