Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Dedicated Follower Of Fashion  (Read 8976 times)

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Dedicated Follower Of Fashion
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2009, 09:28:56 AM »

So Canadian girls do wear heels. And here it is believed that American women do not wear them. While Russian women wear them too often, practically all the student girls do. And there`s a saying that if a girl has come to the beach high-heeled then she`s Russian, lol!

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2009, 09:32:30 AM »

I did buy a couple of nice shirts recently , one still needs to look a bit smart now and then .

And what colour did you buy for this summer?   :)
Do men wear shorts in the city in summer?

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2009, 08:59:04 PM »

So Canadian girls do wear heels. And here it is believed that American women do not wear them. While Russian women wear them too often, practically all the student girls do. And there`s a saying that if a girl has come to the beach high-heeled then she`s Russian, lol!

I don't wear heels to school often, usually I have labs and they require full shoe coverage so then I wear running shoes or my winter boots (well they're not technically winter boots, they wouldn't stand up to anything lower than about -25 or 30)

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

georgeharrisonluver

• A Thousand Pages
  • Here Comes the Sun
    • My Beatle's Tumblr!
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2009, 09:42:01 PM »

I don't wear heels to school either, mostly because my high school is three floors and I have to climb so many stairs during the day! A lot of girls at my school do wear heels and I don't know how their feet can manage all day. I mostly wear flats and wedges to school. I used to wear running shoes a lot but I don't like them so much now. since it is summer now, I'm wearing flip flops almost all the time...unless it is a special occasion.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2009, 10:00:43 PM »

I am one of few girls at my school who wears heels, or bothers getting dressed up everyday. the hoodie and sweatpants look seems to be more popular it seems.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2009, 11:37:18 PM »

i can just imagine you in heels...... :-*

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
    • le blog
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2009, 03:16:18 AM »

the hoodie and sweatpants look seems to be more popular it seems.

Ok, I'm guilty of the hoodie but I won't wear sweatpants/yoga pants unless I'm going to work out or going to the rink!  To be quite honest I think if someone goes out of the house in sweats and they're not going to work out then it wasn't even worth the going out at all!

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2009, 02:57:44 PM »

I agree!
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2009, 08:11:41 PM »

I always wear heels to work. Sometimes they are higher than usual, sometimes they are lower. Even in winter when we have snow, I wear winter boots with heels. At work we can change and wear shoes. Actually there are no rules concerning clothes at my work. It is very democratic or liberal if that`s the word. I can come dressed in a suit, or trousers, a jacket or sweater, jeans or breeches. But certainly no extremes. It was once or twice when our boss told one teacher not to wear jeans, everybody stopped it for a while, but then again resumed the practice, and asked another one something about her naked belly...this never happened again.  ;D

Wonderland

• Getting Better
  • I'm as crazy as you want me to be
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2009, 08:59:38 PM »

Hilariously enough, I'm seeing Beatles t-shirts all over the place these days. :P If the t-shirts match people's taste in music, that's great.

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
    • le blog
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2009, 12:52:02 AM »

^ Unfortunately many of these kids (at least here) seem to be these "scene" or "emo" kids...  *sigh* where to start with the emos?  I think that's best saved for another conversation...

Back on topic, lol, I almost wore one of my Beatles shirts to the office today, I decided not to...  It was a casual Friday and it's probably just a matter of time before I show up in one!  Then again, I actually kinda like dressing up for work, fave outfit of the week had to be white short sleeved blouse, teal cami under it, black, wide legged dress pants and purple pointy toed heels :)

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2009, 07:29:52 PM »

Judy! Stella`s leggings are wonderful. But I don`t think we can wear them everyday. For summer white ones are perfect though not with gold or silver. But I agree they are beautiful. I`ve seen Stella`s recent picture where she is wearing high-waist(?) jeans, a bit flared from the hips and a jacket with shoulders(?). Do you think it`s fashionable?

I can answer my question now. Yes, it is! Shoulders are in fashion now! The style of the 80s is back. Do you like such a style?

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2009, 08:06:57 PM »

This is an interesting topic Jane! Finding out what's in with everyone now is really cool to read about.

I think that a lot of old styles are coming back recently. From all different eras, I think a lot of people are getting into the old 40's and 50's looks around here. But there are some people that go for more casual clothes. Like jeans and hoodies.

I like to mix it up a lot. I don't feel like I have one particular style, it's always changing. I sometimes like to be more dressed up but other times I just like comfortable casual clothing.

I've been getting into more "hippie" inspired clothes lately mostly bright colored, vests, moccasins, pants that are orange and yellow. I think what styles I get into reflect what I'm into. So it's always changing.

"Ringo will always be my friend"--George Harrison (Rolling Stone Magazine 1987)

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2009, 08:34:47 PM »

This is an interesting topic Jane! Finding out what's in with everyone now is really cool to read about.
I think that a lot of old styles are coming back recently. From all different eras, I think a lot of people are getting into the old 40's and 50's looks around here. But there are some people that go for more casual clothes. Like jeans and hoodies.

Yes, there`s a kind of mixing of styles. I think it`s more like the 60s mixed with the 80s now. Jeans, suits, ties, skirts (only shorter) of the 60s and now shoulders of the 80s. And leggings came from the late 80s-early 90s, didn`t they?
Here red colour is in, especially in bags.

Pilzkopf

• A Beginning
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2009, 02:19:31 AM »

BTW what is another word for clothes if one wants it to sound less pompous, more slangish? Such Russian word is Shmotki.  :)

Shmotki - I think I'll start using that. It's got a great sound. There are many slang words in English, or British-English anyway - clobber, threads, kit, gear, turn-out, togs.... Americans probably have different ones.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2009, 02:50:09 AM »

Yes, there`s a kind of mixing of styles. I think it`s more like the 60s mixed with the 80s now. Jeans, suits, ties, skirts (only shorter) of the 60s and now shoulders of the 80s. And leggings came from the late 80s-early 90s, didn`t they?
Here red colour is in, especially in bags.

Ah!  The 60s!

I can stay till it's time to go

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2009, 06:18:55 AM »

^yep that's definately the style of today!

I'm pretty sure that leggings came from the 80's.

LSD

• Getting Better
  • My lovely George
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2009, 05:03:22 PM »

Style wise comfort is first but that doesnt mean I cant look cute. I use alot of flowy skirts with band tees. Shoe wise on a regular day its flats , sandals or converse. When im not in the mood for skirts I use alot of khakis.
Country wise I see the girls use ALOT of skinny jeans. And knee high boots. Legings are still in too but its more black than anything else. 
I Me Mine.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2009, 05:58:46 AM »

^yep that's definately the style of today!

.....and yesterday:

;)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 05:59:08 AM by Hello Goodbye »
I can stay till it's time to go

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2009, 07:02:07 AM »

^^Awesome!  :D

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.646 seconds with 83 queries.