Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: The Present  (Read 29010 times)

Living One

• A Beginning
Re: The Present
« Reply #120 on: March 12, 2009, 10:49:17 PM »

Quote from: 1393
JT, you seem to be a nice person, very agreeable and kind, but, unfortunately, you are under the influence, which is impossible to lift. You have imagined things to youself and have let them under your skin, and apparently have lived with them for quite a time. False as the assertions are, they are your life. So, stay with them, if it suits you, if it comforts you and gives you serenity and peace of mind. You have found your equilibrium, equanimity. And I wouldn`t like you to be left without it. Good luck!

Thanks Jane, you seem like a sweet person, thank you for your words of kindness.  However, do understand that this is no longer my imagination wandering, and these assertions that I am making are blatantly self-evident to me; they are supported every time I listen to their music.  The falsehood of my assertions is based on your subjective opinion; I think that they are perfectly true.  Do you know for sure if they are false?  Have you tested the assertions made in "The Present" and made by me for yourself?

Quote from: 1447
There you go, I Am the Walrus a song that was written partially because people tried to find some hidden meaning behind their songs!  ALL THE PROOF I NEED!

What about all the songs that they didn't "partially" write because people tried to find hidden meaning behind their songs?

I see exactly where you all are coming from.  I loved to just sit back and enjoy The Beatles before I started listening to The Beatles in a different way, I didn't see the need to interpret meaning.  Then, I found the interpretation in "The Present," and the new way of listening became completely obvious and relevant.  Ever since, I enjoy listening to their music even more, more and more every single day because everything they say is so true and beautiful.

Why would they choose to use the word "friend" to address a girl that they were singing a love song to?
...and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Embrace Oneness
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #121 on: March 13, 2009, 02:52:54 AM »

"Manson saw the four Beatles' members as being the "four angels" referred to in Revelation 9. Revelation 9 also tells of "locusts"--the Beatles, of course--coming out upon the earth. It describes prophets as having "faces as the faces of men" but with "the hair of women"--an assumed reference to the long hair of the all-male English group. In Revelation 9, the four angels with "breastplates of fire"--electric guitars--"issued fire and brimstone"--song lyrics. Manson believed that the Beatles spoke to him through their lyrics, especially those included in the White Album, released in December 1968."

Similar thinking or what? Scary. Sorry, but it's the first thing this thread made me think of and makes me think of every time I click on it. If that event didn't show the absurdity of reading too much into the Beatles' lyrics, I don't know what ever would.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2009, 03:20:36 AM »

BgutE0OClls

Living One

• A Beginning
« Reply #123 on: March 13, 2009, 04:21:01 AM »

Quote from: 216
Similar thinking or what? Scary. Sorry, but it's the first thing this thread made me think of and makes me think of every time I click on it. If that event didn't show the absurdity of reading too much into the Beatles' lyrics, I don't know what ever would.

I obviously see where your association comes from.  I don't think The Beatles speak especially to me, I think they speak to everyone, provided they are listening with the right state of mind.  I'm talking about all their music, from Please Please Me and on.  I completely disagree that this is similar thinking, as Manson's "revelations" were clearly delusions of his own mind.  He compared a prophecy with something he experienced in his lifetime, which means he had no basis of true evidence.  This interpretation I am presenting to you doesn't have anything out of the ordinary, and is something that I am merely asking you to check for yourself, to see if it makes sense to you.  It makes perfect sense to me, so I thought I would share my discovery with fellow Beatles fans.   :)

I associate no violence with The Beatles, only unconditional love and wonderful music.

Embrace Oneness

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #124 on: March 13, 2009, 04:50:23 AM »

It kinda seems odd to me that this discussion has carried on this long.  Really, lets be honest, the Beatles speak to all of us, except for the majority of us we don't relate it to a religion or to the Beatles as prophets.  They have of course changed my life.    Can we please just put an end to this, you can go along your merry way JT and preach your message of listening to them in the "right state of mind".  All we want is peace and love, why can't we get that?

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #125 on: March 13, 2009, 07:31:05 AM »

Quote from: 216
"Manson saw the four Beatles' members as being the "four angels" referred to in Revelation 9. Revelation 9 also tells of "locusts"--the Beatles, of course--coming out upon the earth. It describes prophets as having "faces as the faces of men" but with "the hair of women"--an assumed reference to the long hair of the all-male English group. In Revelation 9, the four angels with "breastplates of fire"--electric guitars--"issued fire and brimstone"--song lyrics. Manson believed that the Beatles spoke to him through their lyrics, especially those included in the White Album, released in December 1968."

Fantastic Sandra. I love you.
don't follow leaders

BlueMeanie

« Reply #126 on: March 13, 2009, 07:58:57 AM »

Quote from: 185

We all love you!!

All hail the new messiah. Or um...Messiahette!

Ged

• A Beginning
« Reply #127 on: March 13, 2009, 10:37:30 AM »

I've been following the thread with interest but without poking an extra nose in but the last few comments have been quite simply the best to date. JT, if it works for you, great, but don't try to impose it on others, the more you try to make someone believe something they truly don't, it'll just force them in the opposite direction anyway, it sounds very bible bashing, like those annoying JW's that knock you up every other sunday morning.

In the 'Imagine' film, John's people find a hippyish wanderer camping in the grounds and bring him to the house. He's convinced John's songs have meanings pertaining to him, some people just have too much time on their hands it seems. Anyway, John puts his mind at rest in the most down to earth way possible saying something like 'I could just write about something like I had a great sh*t this morning' or words to that effect. If this doesn't convince you it was just a bunch of very talented like minded guys doing something they loved and got paid very well for it, what will and are all those people that don't even like the Beatles doomed to hell?    

Living One

• A Beginning
« Reply #128 on: March 13, 2009, 05:11:32 PM »

Quote from: 1624
I've been following the thread with interest but without poking an extra nose in but the last few comments have been quite simply the best to date. JT, if it works for you, great, but don't try to impose it on others, the more you try to make someone believe something they truly don't, it'll just force them in the opposite direction anyway, it sounds very bible bashing, like those annoying JW's that knock you up every other sunday morning.

Ged, you bring up a wonderful point, thank you for that.  I am terribly sorry if I have come off as imposing my views on you all, or "preaching."  I don't know where all this religious stuff is coming from; I have never tried to put The Beatles in context of religion.  I think there is a major difference between prophets and religion.  Anyway, as to put an end to my assertions, I merely ask that you read this section and check the ideas for yourself, nothing more, nothing less.  I don't intend to force my perspective on you, but rather to share it, as a compassionate human being.  Please don't accept or reject what I'm saying or what "The Present" is saying without checking it for yourself.

It is impossible, practically speaking, to know the intent and even the veracity of those who create such sweeping explorations that you don't even try.  The words speak for themselves, the ideas have a momentum, and we can discuss it in good faith that it is meant to be taken seriously.

Really, lets be honest, the Beatles speak to all of us, except for the majority of us we don't relate it to a religion or to the Beatles as prophets.

How do they speak to you?  I would love to hear your perspective.   :)

Can we please just put an end to this, you can go along your merry way JT and preach your message of listening to them in the "right state of mind".  All we want is peace and love, why can't we get that?

Many apologies for proselytizing; you have all made it clear that this conduct is not the proper approach to an issue like this.  By sharing my perspective, all I'm trying to give you is unconditional love my friend, but you must find your inner peace.  Please understand that I would not be sharing this if I did not feel compassion for all human beings.  This is but a sharing/learning experience for me; an endless quest of giving love and seeking truth.

(heart2)

Embrace Oneness

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
    • le blog
« Reply #129 on: March 13, 2009, 05:14:48 PM »

Ok, you want to know how?  They've helped me through the hardest times of my life, their words resonate in my mind and let me know that there's something better out there than just this world.  They were by no means prophets, they're "four guys who made it big".  There's other artist that have been like this to me too - for example Johnny Cash.  I just have a deeper love for the Beatles and a special place in my heart for them than any other.

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #130 on: March 13, 2009, 08:53:17 PM »

Well, actually, we have some threads on the same topic, cause it all boils down to one idea: What is the Beatles to you? The threads are: You know you`re a fan, Why were the Beatles so interesting? Why are they so good?...so on. Everybody has their own reasons to love the band. I can`t say that the Beatles helped me in some way, for example, to overcome the difficulties, to get out of the depression, or to learn things. No. The simple thing is that I fell in love with the band and their music and songs and this is true love. And true love persists. They just fill some part of my life and make it more interesting, exciting. I love them to accompany me in my life as if they were good dear friends. No special meaning or divine love. Good dear friends and certainly novators, great artists, interesting personalities, about whom I like to learn more and more. That`s why I welcome all the books written and the films made on the subject. I am a fan. It`s not a crazy obsession but it`s a kind of a never-ending beloved hobby.

Living One

• A Beginning
« Reply #131 on: March 13, 2009, 10:54:39 PM »

I just have a deeper love for the Beatles and a special place in my heart for them than any other.

Thank you for sharing!  I also feel the same way.
I live in a state of perpetual bliss, but I can't help but smile when I listen to The Beatles.  They are magical, and I feel the love flow through me whenever I sing along or play their songs on my guitar.

They just fill some part of my life and make it more interesting, exciting. I love them to accompany me in my life as if they were good dear friends.

Jane, that was a beautifully written segment, thank you for sharing.  The Beatles are always new to me, every time I hear them, because their music is so interesting and exciting.  I love to watch videos of them, because they are the "now" personified.  They were so good at taking in the moment and spreading their love.  When you think of The Beatles as new, it is a love that never dies.  When you think of love as something new, you are always filled with love.

They are great friends to have, in spirit and in music.  They are no longer physically here, but they send all their love to you through their music.  They help you get by, with a little help from your friends (The Beatles).

If anyone else would like to share their perspective on The Beatles, I would really enjoy reading it!

Embrace Oneness

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
    • le blog
« Reply #132 on: March 13, 2009, 11:49:39 PM »

Quote from: 1915

Thank you for sharing!  I also feel the same way.
I live in a state of perpetual bliss, but I can't help but smile when I listen to The Beatles.  They are magical, and I feel the love flow through me whenever I sing along or play their songs on my guitar.

See, this seems a little more human to me rather than someone that I can only compare to someone from the Bible-belt when they realize that someone's an athiest.

Living One

• A Beginning
« Reply #133 on: March 14, 2009, 06:04:01 AM »

See, this seems a little more human to me rather than someone that I can only compare to someone from the Bible-belt when they realize that someone's an athiest.

Definitely.  I never even compared them to the Bible.  The Beatles were around some 1600 years after the Bible was put together, so I really don't have a basis to compare the two.  The Beatles are for everyone to enjoy.  (inlove2)

Embrace Oneness

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2009, 12:07:21 AM »

Quote from: 185

Ha. Well, I do try. I was also gonna post some quotes from MDC , but I figured, what's the point.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #135 on: March 18, 2009, 11:12:59 AM »

The Sun Kings of ambiguity. It's all interpretation.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Living One

• A Beginning
« Reply #136 on: March 20, 2009, 12:38:32 AM »

Hi folks!

Well, some of you have stated that The Beatles were just some handsome chaps singing love songs to girls.
I have stated that I feel that The Beatles are talking directly to you when you listen to them.

Why do they use the word friend?  Is that the way you address a girl that you were singing a love song to?
Why did they repeatedly choose to use that word?

Embrace Oneness

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #137 on: March 20, 2009, 03:03:45 AM »

I
Still
See
Understanding
Eludes
Some.......

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #138 on: March 20, 2009, 09:46:56 AM »

Quote from: 1915
Hi folks!

I have stated that I feel that The Beatles are talking directly to you when you listen to them.

And as Sandra so wonderfully pointed out, so did Charles Manson and MDC. You're in good company.

don't follow leaders

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #139 on: March 20, 2009, 11:39:12 AM »

Quote from: 1789
you understand i prefer my own flavor

Which flavor of yourself?  Bacon, ham, or pork rind?   :P

I'm amazed that this thread has lasted this long.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Page created in 0.348 seconds with 87 queries.