Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 98

Author Topic: You know you're a fan...  (Read 253833 times)

Octie

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's sunshine life for me...
Re: You know you're a fan...
« Reply #1120 on: January 03, 2010, 02:54:50 AM »

When you and your sister are in a taxi, she mentions that it's raining, and you go "I'd jump into the river Mersey, but it looks like rain", whereupon you continue doing that scene from Yellow Sub until "but I don't have an imagination" ha2ha
I'd ask my friends to come and see... an Octopus's Garden with me ^___^

I_Will

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Doesn't the blood rush to your stomach?"
    • My Beatles Tumblr!
« Reply #1121 on: January 05, 2010, 12:20:37 PM »

When on a fashion website that you are a member of, you write "Fool On The Hill" for occupation and "Penny Lane" for location  ;D

The name's Emily :)

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #1122 on: January 05, 2010, 12:23:25 PM »

-When you are in the sunroom on the computer, and your dad is in the living room watching the Rose Parade, and one of the bands is playing Beatles songs and you are able to identify them as soon as you heard the first few notes. Then you got excited because the first song was "Magical Mystery Tour" and the second was "Got To Get You Into My Life" and you really love those songs.

I noticed that while watching the Rose Parade too!

Not to mention the snowboarding dogs!! ha2ha

LSD

• Getting Better
  • My lovely George
« Reply #1123 on: January 05, 2010, 05:18:16 PM »

When you and your sister are in a taxi, she mentions that it's raining, and you go "I'd jump into the river Mersey, but it looks like rain", whereupon you continue doing that scene from Yellow Sub until "but I don't have an imagination" ha2ha

ha2ha  ha2haI love doing stuff like that.. though my family should be used to it ..I still often find ways to surprize them!
I Me Mine.

MissMcCartney

• A Beginning
  • And I Love Him ... ^^^^
« Reply #1124 on: January 06, 2010, 12:18:26 AM »

When you are in class and your teacher is talking about how Lenin died of a terrible illness, and you immediately correct her and tell her the date, time and place of his death ( :() but then you realise she's talking about LENIN and not LENNON ... hehe  :-[
;x ;x Paul PAUL Paul PAUL Paul PAUL Paul x; x;

I_Will

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Beatles Tumblr!
« Reply #1125 on: January 06, 2010, 03:11:51 AM »

-When you overheard a German exchange student say, "Hamburg" you immediately thought of The Beatles and had to restrain yourself from saying anything about it to him

(From my posts in this particular thread I've probably painted a picture of myself that includes needing to restrain myself a lot...)

MissMcCartney

• A Beginning
« Reply #1126 on: January 06, 2010, 04:08:27 AM »

When you are listening to the radio in bed and you hear them say either 'Beatles', 'Paul', 'John', 'George', 'Ringo' ... anything to do with the Beatles - you immediately sit up and turn the light on and get out of bed so you can mouth the words and dance around, even if it's midnight.

When somebody says 'Beatles' you go up to them, even if they're complete strangers, and start a conversation.

When you step on a beetle, you say: "Oh no - I killed George!" and try to revive him.

When you get a big red cross on your homework for spelling 'beetle' wrong. I spelled it 'beatle' :D

I_Will

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Beatles Tumblr!
« Reply #1127 on: January 07, 2010, 03:03:41 PM »

-When you hear someone talking about belly dancers in your class and all you can think of is, "Doesn't the blood rush to your stomach?"
-And in your math class (which is supposedly honors, but it's really easy) the teacher is teaching a lesson that you already know how to do, so you virtually 'watch' "Help!" in your head (and you've seen it enough times to be able to do that!)

I_Will

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Beatles Tumblr!
« Reply #1128 on: January 07, 2010, 07:22:21 PM »

-When your gym class is in the weight room, and the classic rock station is on, and you're teacher is asking who sings the song, etc. Then "I Am The Walrus" comes on, and in the first two second of the song you scream, "I AM THE WALRUS, THE BEATLES, RELEASED IN 1967 ON 'MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR' EP IN BRITAIN, AND ON THE 'MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR LP' IN AMERICA. ALSO ISSUED AS A B SIDE TO 'HELLO GOODBYE'. WRITTEN BY JOHN LENNON PRIMARILY TO POKE FUN AT FANS WHO READ TOO MUCH INTO THEIR LYRICS. MANY LYRICS TAKEN DIRECTLY FROM DRUG RELATED EXPERIENCES". Then when everyone started at you, you didn't feel embarrassed at all  ;D
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 09:20:37 PM by I_Will »

sgt. peppie

• Getting Better
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #1129 on: January 07, 2010, 10:19:31 PM »

When you step on a beetle, you say: "Oh no - I killed George!" and try to revive him.

-When you hear someone talking about belly dancers in your class and all you can think of is, "Doesn't the blood rush to your stomach?"

I laughed out loud.  ha2ha

George does not approve.

MissMcCartney

• A Beginning
« Reply #1130 on: January 07, 2010, 11:51:45 PM »

I laughed out loud too!
Grr, I hate that belly dancer girl >:(

MrsHarrison

• A Beginning
  • Have I said something amiss?
« Reply #1131 on: January 08, 2010, 12:04:00 AM »

When you first start liking the Beatles, your little cousin does the same, just to be like you. You fight, full on cat fight - biting, pulling hair, punching, the works. After a few weeks you're friends again, discussing which Beatle is the cutest. Unfortunately, a true story.  ha2ha

I look from the wings of the play you are staging. As I'm sitting here, doing nothing but aging. While my guitar gently weeps.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #1132 on: January 08, 2010, 12:15:54 AM »

-When your gym class is in the weight room, and the classic rock station is on, and you're teacher is asking who sings the song, etc. Then "I Am The Walrus" comes on, and in the first two second of the song you scream, "I AM THE WALRUS, THE BEATLES, RELEASED IN 1967 ON 'MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR' EP IN BRITAIN, AND ON THE 'MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR LP' IN AMERICA. ALSO ISSUED AS A B SIDE TO 'HELLO GOODBYE'. WRITTEN BY JOHN LENNON PRIMARILY TO POKE FUN AT FANS WHO READ TOO MUCH INTO THEIR LYRICS. MANY LYRICS TAKEN DIRECTLY FROM DRUG RELATED EXPERIENCES". Then when everyone started at you, you didn't feel embarrassed at all  ;D

LOL. ha2ha Nice!

You know you're a younger fan when a random middle-aged stranger comes up to you while you're looking at a book with John Lennon on the cover, and you roll your eyes at him when he asks you earnestly, "Do you know who that man is?"  >:( Then you proceed to tell him that of course you know, cuz you're the biggest Beatles fan ever!  :-X (I'm an adult but I get told I look like I'm still in HS...sigh!)

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #1133 on: January 08, 2010, 12:17:33 AM »

^LOL Penny! I have that problem all the time! People ask me the dumbest questions cause they think I'm like 15 or something. It can become irritating!

"Ringo will always be my friend"--George Harrison (Rolling Stone Magazine 1987)

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #1134 on: January 08, 2010, 12:56:48 AM »

^LOL Penny! I have that problem all the time! People ask me the dumbest questions cause they think I'm like 15 or something. It can become irritating!

I think people underestimate younger folks...but yeah, you're never too young to become a Beatles fan. ;D

sgt. peppie

• Getting Better
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #1135 on: January 08, 2010, 01:02:09 AM »

I agree, my dad thinks I'm completely clueless about the beatles, he asks stuff like, "Did you know that their haircut was really popular back them?" or "John Lennon wrote Let it Be, you know."  ha2ha

George does not approve.

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #1136 on: January 08, 2010, 01:08:40 AM »

When you come to school with a John shirt on, people immeaditely ask you, "Isn't that a Beatle?" And you say, "Yes, did you expect any different from me?" "No, Not really." LOL! And when you doodle song lyrics on your papers instead of actual drawings ;D

Mrs Lennon

• A Thousand Pages
  • Standing or Sitting When Not Lying Down
« Reply #1137 on: January 08, 2010, 01:33:25 AM »

You know you're a fan..
In school, we were playing a game called 'Buzzword' It's a word game where one word is the 'buzz' word, and the answers are all phrases that have the buzz word in them. Somebody gives clues, and people have to guess what the phrase is. The buzz word was 'Star' and one of the clues was 'Beatles' drummer'
and I SCREAM "Ringo Starr!" so
"You know you're a fan" when, after the game, the other team complains that it wasn't fair that they gave my team a Beatles related clue. ha2ha
Music is like candy; you throw away the rappers.

MissMcCartney

• A Beginning
« Reply #1138 on: January 08, 2010, 01:40:21 AM »

You know you're a fan..
In school, we were playing a game called 'Buzzword' It's a word game where one word is the 'buzz' word, and the answers are all phrases that have the buzz word in them. Somebody gives clues, and people have to guess what the phrase is. The buzz word was 'Star' and one of the clues was 'Beatles' drummer'
and I SCREAM "Ringo Starr!" so
"You know you're a fan" when, after the game, the other team complains that it wasn't fair that they gave my team a Beatles related clue. ha2ha

I laughed out loud.
Ringo would be proud :D

fan numero uno

• A Thousand Pages
  • they love me, they love me a lot. they love me....
« Reply #1139 on: January 08, 2010, 01:43:01 AM »

^ nice! i've got another school one...

me and freakchic are in the same English class, and when my teacher was explaining that Romeo 'wanted to hold her hand' (her being Juliet), she says, "and for out Beatles fans" *looks at me and freakchic, then sings I Want To Hold Your Hand* *me and freakchic exchange looks and laugh because it had already crossed our minds*

so, when your teacher sings Beatles songs to you to help you understand literature.
Love the Beatles, and all shall be right.                avatar created by freakchic
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 98

Page created in 1.106 seconds with 95 queries.