Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Which Beatle changed the most?  (Read 7868 times)

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
Which Beatle changed the most?
« on: March 09, 2007, 04:01:13 AM »

So who in your opinion change the most from being the mopped topped muscian from little Liddypool since the break up?

I think it's George what with the whole spiritualism-india interest

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

djinn

• A Beginning
  • Always looking for DVD trades!!!
Re: Which Beatle changed the most?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 04:16:53 AM »

John constenly evolved from blues--country--rock--avantgart--Yoko's screem music!

Paul just copied beatle beats with wings & other! Plus he  did old beatle songs!
George was starting to evoulve but it was ended with his passing!
Ringo stayed to easy kids type music!
I'm just sitting here --watching the wheels go round!
I really love to watch them roll!

Octie

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's sunshine life for me...
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 04:33:39 AM »

I was thinking John-George-John-George-which-one? Coz I think they both did change quite a bit, or at least, more so than Paul and Ringo. But in the end I went for John, much for the same reason that djinn did.
I'd ask my friends to come and see... an Octopus's Garden with me ^___^

nousha

• A Beginning
  • Fairy witch
    • My Poetry
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 09:44:19 AM »

Well, I voted for George, and if I have to state my reasons, here they are:
- John died long before George so in matter of time George had more time to evolve/ change ;);
- I think that it was a big leap for George to discover Eastern culture and spirituallity, he was conciously searching for something different where he could recognize himself and eventually found it from outside. John was searching too (I think they all were, more or less - all this drugs and films and music experiments in '66-'67) but in my opinion he found it inside himself and I consider this less dramatic change.
On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux   My blogspace

djinn

• A Beginning
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 12:41:10 PM »

Quote from: 552
Well, I voted for George, and if I have to state my reasons, here they are:
- John died long before George so in matter of time George had more time to evolve/ change ;);
- I think that it was a big leap for George to discover Eastern culture and spirituallity, he was conciously searching for something different where he could recognize himself and eventually found it from outside. John was searching too (I think they all were, more or less - all this drugs and films and music experiments in '66-'67) but in my opinion he found it inside himself and I consider this less dramatic change.

I see & understand what your saying--But

It was John who did teach George how to write music & even on Anthology George stated He was far below
What John was!
He was just learning to write--but never wrote complex songs & he was sued for Copywrite infrendgement of one of the songs he wrote!

so he wrote This song to appologise for it!

John never took other people works & called it his!

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 01:44:22 PM »

Georege ... but he was the youngeast so it shouldn't be a surprice! ::)

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 08:39:14 PM »

John changed a lot, but he always had a contradictory side to his character - he changed from being aggressive to peaceful and perhaps wasn't always sure (e.g. '...don't you know that you can count me out/in.') George changed a lot from being a non-songwriter singing Lennon/McCartney tunes to being a highly succesful writer in his own right whereas John and Paul were songwriters from the start of The Beatles. George's songwriting career took a little while to blossom which was constant changing. And there was the spiritual thing and the Indian music thing too which were big changes. So I vote George.
All You Need Is LOVE!

djinn

• A Beginning
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 09:06:57 PM »

John was the 1st--Johnny & the Moon dogs--to Erktwins & silver Beetles---No  A was in it!

I sent a copy to the sight with the playbill for the Silver Beetles & they got ten pounds for 2 1 hour gigs!

Now Jon played country-blues--jazz--& scifle--

Around Let it Be--George & Ringo started writting more depth to their songs!

After they broke--John moved to avantgart--Yoko gart & other!

He evoulved into the Double Fantasy & Milk & honey sessions & they were amaising!

George did get sued for copy write laws of songs--John never did!

Just some facts!!stated--i do not dispute what you say--just that George even on Anthology gave John all the credit for the
Intence song writine skills!He stated he had not gone that far even to that day of his last!

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007, 01:09:43 AM »

Without a doubt John. If you were new to the Beatles you'd have trouble recognizing him from one video to the next! And that's just his look. His personality changed with the wind just as often. The rest of them stayed pretty much the same. They might have taken on new interests, but not new personalities.

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2007, 05:55:19 AM »

I think all the Beatles changed as a result of their journey. If I had to rank them, it would be:

1) George
2) John (I keep going back and forth on these top two)
3) Ringo
4) Paul

All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2007, 02:40:38 PM »

With a doubt George ... he began as almost a teenager and by 1969/1970 was the mature one ... and if we talk about interests there's no colour ... and we talk about ther image more or less the same (d'you remmeber his hippy look?) ... John, for example, was the married one from the very begining and I can't see that he changed as much as George! Now, without a doubt, George!

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2007, 02:51:41 PM »

Quote from: 297
With a doubt George ... he began as almost a teenager and by 1969/1970 was the mature one ... [...]

George matured both personally and spiritually. John just dabbled in the spiritual thing.
All You Need Is LOVE!

BlueMeanie

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2007, 04:29:18 PM »

After a lot of thought I've gone for George. John didn't hang around for long enough, and his contradictory - not to mention naive - nature (which I think GA mentioned?) has never sat well with me.

Ringo has always been the loveable bloke that he is; never pushing boundaries, but just getting on with things. To his credit Paul has been exceedingly prolific over the years, musically, going through a whole host of styles, but he's always seemed to remain pretty down to earth. They all changed greatly, as people do over time.

Quote from: 611
John constenly evolved from blues--country--rock--avantgart--Yoko's screem music!

Paul just copied beatle beats with wings & other! Plus he  did old beatle songs!

I'm not sure I agree with that one Djinn. Paul just copying beats? Expand a bit on that. And let's not forget that Paul was the one involved in the Avant Garde underground movement in London in the '60's long before John even knew what Avant Garde was!

BlueMeanie

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2007, 04:30:17 PM »

Btw, nice av. Kaleidoscope Eyes :)

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2007, 09:31:36 AM »

Quote from: 611
After they broke--John moved to avantgart--Yoko gart & other!

He evoulved into the Double Fantasy & Milk & honey sessions & they were amaising!

George did get sued for copy write laws of songs--John never did!

Just some facts!!stated--i do not dispute what you say--just that George even on Anthology gave John all the credit for the
Intence song writine skills!He stated he had not gone that far even to that day of his last!

No - John didn't move to avante garde after the breakup. He produced a string of ever more dissapointing uninspired rock albums.
Some of us regard Double Fantasy at best okay, at worst cr*p.
John didn't get sued because he settled his plagirism (sp) cases out of court.
don't follow leaders

BlueMeanie

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2007, 05:21:11 PM »

Quote from: 185

No - John didn't move to avante garde after the breakup. He produced a string of ever more dissapointing uninspired rock albums.
Some of us regard Double Fantasy at best okay, at worst cr*p.
John didn't get sued because he settled his plagirism (sp) cases out of court.

Totally right. John only moved into Avant Garde through Yoko - who never seemed to have much direction anyway - then ditched it very soon after. Paul was the one into AG though he never seems to get any credit for it because of all the 'John is God' people out there.

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2007, 03:05:28 AM »

Quote from: 483
Btw, nice av. Kaleidoscope Eyes :)

Thank you! I saw Yellow Sub twice in a row so i was sorta obssessed with Jeremy so i got this avatar.

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • &quot;The dude abides.&quot;
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2007, 02:39:16 AM »

I voted for John, just because he went from being a professional live entertainer to a virtual recluse.  George didn't like to tour, either, I guess, so it's pretty close.  Paul and Ringo seemed to both like playing, then and now.  

In terms of spiritual life, it's hard to judge.  John seems to have dabbled while George definitely seemed to have progressed spiritually.  Paul seems to have lost the spirituality that sparked great songs like "Let it Be"--too much time spent worrying about his money-stash?  

I think drug and alcohol use has the worst effect on John on the long term.  Whether he was "clean" or not during the household years, he seems to have suffered from an addictive personality.  Needless to say, the harshness of his upbringing (loss of mother, missing father, Mimi) all seemed to have contributed to his dissolution.  "Double Fantasy"--while it has some nice music--is certainly not the voice of the man who wrote "Strawberry Fields Forever," "I am the Walrus," "In My Life" or even "Norwegian Wood."  It's like he was reverting back to the lyrics of the Beatles' early days.  "Beautiful Boy" is perhaps the exception and maybe "Watching the Wheels."  

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2007, 03:12:51 AM »

Great post adamzero, i see what you mean. The reason why i didn't vote for John was because he always was the loud one, he always needed to make a point (ie if he didnt like something he would have said it or sing it). And that what he seemed to be doing after the break up.

Quote from: 9

[...]
I think drug and alcohol use has the worst effect on John on the long term.  

I actually think that the alcohol and drugs gave John more to write about.

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • &quot;The dude abides.&quot;
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2007, 10:04:28 PM »

Quote from: 596
I actually think that the alcohol and drugs gave John more to write about.

That is a scary thought.  Wonder if John had had a happy childhood and a clean and sober lifestyle.  Would he have written "Up with People" type of songs?  

And Paul would have said to him: "Damn it, John, will you quit smiling all the f--ing time!"

Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.28 seconds with 87 queries.