Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The "Paul is dead" hoax  (Read 3647 times)

JimColyer

• A Beginning
  • I wrote Save The Planet.
    • Jim Colyer
The "Paul is dead" hoax
« on: May 23, 2005, 12:21:49 AM »

The hoax perplexes to this day.  No one has ever stepped forward and claimed responsibility.  The clues on the abum jackets and even in the music go back nearly 40 years.  Will the remaining 2 Beatles die with this mystery unsolved?  That the clues penetrated the music makes me think The Beatles were in on it.  McCartney will never tell.  He is a tight-lipped money-maker.  The ultimate irony is that Paul was supposed to be dead and it turned out to be John who was murdered.  Lennon's songs from Rubber Soul on reeked with allusions to death and "being dead."  Did he have a premonition of his death?  Read my Beatles article> http://jimcolyer.com/papers/entry?id=61
Jim Colyer  
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Re: The "Paul is dead" hoax
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 06:34:41 PM »

ya mum

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 01:33:51 PM »

drivel
don't follow leaders

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 02:33:12 PM »

I'm thinking now its a joke (which if it is, its quite good).
Apparently The Beatles paved the way for ABBA, who "took rock and roll to a new level."
don't follow leaders

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 03:18:44 PM »

I think The Beatles were behind most of the clues. There are just too many coincidences.

joan was quizzical

• Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 04:47:29 PM »

Lennon's songs from Rubber Soul on reeked with allusions to death and "being dead."

Death is one of the most common themes of art throughout all of history. There are some people who have said that ALL poetry is either about death or love, and nothing else. So is it actually surprising that so much of Lennon's music has to do with death?!

~ missy

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 04:51:59 PM »

Quote from: joan_was_quizzical

Death is one of the most common themes of art throughout all of history. There are some people who have said that ALL poetry is either about death or love, and nothing else. So is it actually surprising that so much of Lennon's music has to do with death?!

~ missy
I'm with you.
Love and death are probably the most common themes in life, let alone art.
Propagate, pass on the genes and die. It's a golden life.
don't follow leaders

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2005, 03:15:29 AM »

John had lost his Mother and Stu by the time he was 22, so I'm sure his own mortality was always in the back of his mind, not to mention the death threats the Beatles got especially on the '66 tour.  I'm surprised no one has made a big mish-mash on this forum because he says "Shoot Me" at the beginning of each verse of 'Come Together'.

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2005, 03:21:12 AM »

Quote from: Jim_Colyer
The hoax perplexes to this day.

JimColyer

• A Beginning
    • Jim Colyer
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2005, 10:40:44 PM »

Mamas and Papas had one good song, California Dreaming.

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2005, 12:13:23 AM »

Quote from: Jim_Colyer
Mamas and Papas had one good song, California Dreaming.

JimColyer

• A Beginning
    • Jim Colyer
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2005, 12:38:49 AM »

Elvis, The Beatles, ABBA & Shania Twain are the backbone of the last 50 years.  There are other good groups and other good songs, but they are the backbone.  I know what I am talking about.  

As far as equality between male and female members goes, Mammas and Papas are of little consequence.  ABBA was the first group of significance to demonstrate equality between the sexes.  The Swedes.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2005, 12:43:02 AM »

? What has Shania Twain done? She's so commercial and fluffy. I mean, I know people love her, but I don't think of her as some big innovator or something. I think other bands qualify. The bands that are so often mentioned as influences to newer bands for that matter. The Stones, Floyd, the Who, Sex Pistols, Clash, Nirvana...God, without them, I don't know were we'd be musically.

JimColyer

• A Beginning
    • Jim Colyer
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2005, 12:52:12 AM »

Shania Twain is the female Elvis.  She elevated girl-talk to a fine art.  She represents the 1990s and the early part of this decade.  She is also a very beautiful woman.

The groups you listed are Beatle spin-offs and Beatle wannabees.

http://jimcolyer.com/papers/entry?id=46  

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2005, 01:14:10 AM »

I think the music of the past 50 years is comprised of Spike Jones, Snooky Lanson, Jimmy Osmond, and the Starland Vocal Band--now there's a group with equality, "Afternoon Delight" puts ABBA and the Mamas/Papas to shame.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2005, 01:24:32 AM »

Shania Twain represents the 90's?? For who? A very small percentage of the country that's for sure. I don't know about other countries, but I'd say even less. She's as prefabricated as the Monkees. If anyone/thing represents the 90's, it's the whole Seattle scene that changed popular music on a dime. How are the Who a Beatles wannabe band when they came out the same time as them? None of their music sounds Beatleish. And Floyd??? I mean, they may have inspired each other, these bands, but I wouldn't say they're Beatles rip offs that's for sure. And what's wrong with being influenced or wanting to aspire to be like the biggest band in the universe? Shania should try to be more Beatle like. Maybe then I wouldn't wan't to puke everytime one of her songs comes on. Wooo. That's her trademark right? Blah. But I know everyone's got their own musical tastes. I just wouldn't let that cloud my judgement on who has been important and who will last for a long time to come. Oh, and U2 should be added to the list as well. I mean just their track record alone...

JimColyer

• A Beginning
    • Jim Colyer
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2005, 01:32:27 AM »

Elvis, Beatles, ABBA, Shania.

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2005, 01:41:30 AM »

Sandra, why bother? This f***nut is just going for a reaction. Let him jack off to whoever, no biggie.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2005, 03:23:12 AM »

Ha, yeah. I suppose you're right! I'm just paranoid. I actually have a Shania lover in my family. And she HATES the Beatles. So ya never know do ya.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2005, 12:34:13 AM »

Well, I love the Beatles and I like Shania, too. But no way is she an innovator. She's just another pop/country artist doing her thing. While it is true that she had some "girl power" so to speak, her music does not appeal to as wide a demographic as the Beatles and the bands Sandra mentioned did.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.515 seconds with 78 queries.