Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Where Were You?  (Read 82455 times)

TurnMeOnDeadman

• A Thousand Pages
  • Creme Tangerine
Re: Where Were You?
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2005, 10:50:34 PM »

Im not a supporter of Bush....Im not a supported of Michael Moore, or John kerry, ralp nader, saddamn hussein, osama bin laden, hitler, etc.

mih ssim mih ssim ,won daed si luap

"LSD is a drug made famous by John Lennon and Paul Mccartney"
 &nb

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2005, 11:01:31 PM »

Ha! Conservative? Where

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2005, 11:06:21 PM »

Lots of people in the Middle East DID celebrate in the streets after 9/11.  They paraded about, shot into the air, and burned American flags.  Though they seem to do that alot.  Maybe it takes their minds of the fact that they live in caves and dont have jobs.

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2005, 11:08:11 PM »

I thought Bush and Kerry were both conservative in their outlooks. So Bush was more so, but no one could call Kerry a liberal, surely?

Sorry if I labelled you unfairly - but I did put a (?) after obviously!

Well, right no it's just after 9 am on Sunday morning. Already I'm writing - or should be!

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2005, 11:09:36 PM »

Quote from: Herecomesyoursun
Lots of people in the Middle East DID celebrate in the streets after 9/11.

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2005, 11:14:44 PM »

Quote from: Ydoll_Gwyn

Uh - yeah. ::)

Whaddya know - propaganda works!

What do you mean by that?  It is a fact that there was celebration by people in the Middle East after 9/11 (not all, just the f***ers who hate us)  Am I a sheep who follows the propaganda because I hate the terrorists who killed my countrymen, innocent people?  Does that make me a blind moron?

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2005, 11:17:26 PM »

Wow, already Sunday there! It's only 3:15 on Saturday here. Well, you are on the other side of the world so I kinda figured!

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2005, 11:21:47 PM »

Kerry conservative? Hmm, not quite. But yeah, he's more a moderate liberal. Nowhere NEAR as conservative as Bush with his religious right wing agenda. And why is it so unconceivable to you that there just MAY have been people out there celebrating the attack? Do you realize that many of those people grow up being told what horrors we commit against mankind and how it's their job to put us in our place? A faction of course, not all. It can happen you know.

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2005, 01:16:21 AM »

True Sandra. I'm sure there were many who celebrated what happened on 11 September. My point is merely that the famous clip of those people apparently celebrating was not what it was purported to be! The media DO lie and manipulate.

Kerry a conservative or a moderate liberal? From where we are, it seems as if there's nothing, IN PRACTICE, that really separates them. In Australia now, we have a very conservative party in power, and their main opposition is indistinguishable from them in practice (though rhetoric is different). Distinguishing between what politicians say, and what they DO, is really important I reckon.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2005, 01:25:18 AM »

I'm so glad I'm Canadian.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2005, 04:17:50 AM »

Quote from: Ydoll_Gwyn

Kerry a conservative or a moderate liberal? From where we are, it seems as if there's nothing, IN PRACTICE, that really separates them. In Australia now, we have a very conservative party in power, and their main opposition is indistinguishable from them in practice (though rhetoric is different). Distinguishing between what politicians say, and what they DO, is really important I reckon.

Issues that seperate them: stem cell research-a HUGE issue, the war, abortion, gay rights. Although Kerry is wishy washy on the last two. Bush has supporters among the NRA and religious faction, which make him more 'obligated' to push through bills in their favor. I think Kerry is not as tied to those extremists. But yeah, it was the lesser of two evils type thing. I can't wait till 2008 when Hillary runs! Now THAT should be interesting!

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2005, 04:19:47 AM »

to ease the tension here is a light hearted joke i found rather funny.

After getting nailed by a Daisy Cutter, Osama made his way to the pearly gates. There, he is greeted by George Washington.

"How dare you attack the nation I helped conceive!" yells Mr. Washington, slapping Osama in the face. Patrick Henry comes up from behind: "You wanted to end the Americans' liberty, so they gave you death!" Henry punches Osama on the nose. James Madison comes up next, and says, "This is why I allowed the Federal government to provide for the common defense!" He drops a large weight on Osama's knee.

Osama is subject to similar beatings from John Randolph of Roanoke, James Monroe and 65 other 18th-century American revolutionaries. As he writhes on the ground, Thomas Jefferson picks him up to hurl him back toward the gate where he is to be judged.

As Osama awaits his journey to his final very hot destination, he screams, "This is not what I was promised!"

An angel replies: "I told you there would be 72 Virginians waiting for you. What did you think I said?"
All You Need is Love  :K) :K) :K)

« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2005, 06:44:10 AM »

I was born in 83...
But of course i remember 11/9/2001. In Poland it was 'bout 15.00 o'clock
and i was in my room watching some serial on tv after school then sister entered to my room and switched on other TV
station and i found out what happened. Polish TV stations started to relate from NY
and other places for all evening and night. Same with radio stations.

« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2005, 10:10:19 AM »

i came back from school when i heard about 9/11, and my mum said, look come in here(enters tv room), and she was there with a friend, and they were watchin the news, and i just saw these bloody buildings on fire, and i was like ''what the hell!''...

andyec

• A Beginning
  • The Beatles always bring me joy.
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2005, 02:04:56 PM »

I don't remember exactly what I was doing when I heard,but I do remember listening to the radio for days,switching the channels when one station got through with news or music about John or The Beatles until I found another one. I just couldn't believe it. I wanted to hear and see everything about it. I still can't believe it.

rita_marley

• One And One Is Two
  • Happiness is a warm gun
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2005, 10:52:49 PM »

I was just 3 when John died, and I didn't even know 'bout Beatles, since I was born in 1977...but later on when i started loving Beatles ( i was like 11) I found out that there was one Beatle missing, I said to myself: "who the hell...??" then I was told by my brother that it was John Lennon. I was really disappointed coz actually he had just started to be my favourite Beatle. Pfff now I'm 27 and i've already cried for Lennon's death, yeah coz I cry a bit every time I listen to "Because".....

Love is ald love is new
Love is all love is you
RINGO: I'm Ringo and I play the drums
GEORGE: I'm George and I play a guitar
PAUL: I'm Paul and I play a ... eh... bass
JOHN: I'm John and I too play a guitar, sometimes I play the fool

(wave2)

norwegianwoody

• A Beginning
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2005, 10:57:43 AM »

I was cleaning my room and watching Monday Night Football on t.v when a special report came on saying there had been an unidentified man shot in New York and that the man who was shot was reportedly one of the ex-Beatles.  Then about ten minutes later Howard Cosell anounced to the world the death of John Lennon.  Cosell said many great things about John.  I was so stunned and numb for weeks.  I missed the Kennedy assassination so I don't know about that but for one week John's death brought the world together in a way I hadn't seen before in my life.  I think it was the end of my innocence I finally gathered that the world wasn't such a great place after all!  I remember it like yesterday.  Unfortunately I'll never forget it.

mclen57

• A Beginning
« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2005, 03:03:49 PM »

I'm sure there must've been a similar thread like this before but I thought I'd start a fresh one since we're nearing the 25th anniversary of that fateful day. What are yor memories?

Me, I was 23 at the time sitting in a barracks at Great Lakes Naval Training Center in Wisconsin. Also known as bootcamp. Our Company Commander came in on the morning of Dec 9th and ordered us to attention and announced that John Lennon had been shot and killed. Naturally most of us freaked out, but only so much. When you're in bootcamp, you don't think about things like this too much.

It wasn't 'til after I got out of bootcamp in Jan that it really started to sink in. I was transferred to Orlando and was sitting in a bar one night and Imagine was playing and then it just hit me like a freight train and started blubbering like a little kid. The barmaid looked at me and came up and said "You're not the first when we play that song".
Henry the Horse

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2005, 03:36:28 PM »

your right mate. This was done not so long ago.
don't follow leaders

mclen57

• A Beginning
« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2005, 03:46:13 PM »

Quote from: kevin_b
your right mate. This was done not so long ago.
Where was it? I didn't see it here.

Henry the Horse
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 85 queries.