Beatles forums > Books, Magazines, Articles

All you need is ears

<< < (2/2)

blmeanie:
no problem.  Re-reading my review I didn't give adequate props to George Martin for the job done with often antiquated technology.  His abilities to squeeze great sounds while often splitting and rerecording and layering on the same tracks (and reducing quality) was simply amazing.

Toejam:

--- Quote from: blmeanie on September 02, 2012, 10:44:02 PM ---no problem.  Re-reading my review I didn't give adequate props to George Martin for the job done with often antiquated technology.  His abilities to squeeze great sounds while often splitting and rerecording and layering on the same tracks (and reducing quality) was simply amazing.

--- End quote ---

That sounds more like the kinda thing the engineers deserved more credit for than a producer!

blmeanie:
yes and no.  I think he was directly responsible for expanding the choices for the engineers, literally coming up with new ideas for methods of recording on outdated equipment, stretching it as it was.

nimrod:
one strange thing on page 126 I think, he says that he never knew what happened to the Alan White version of  Love Me Do.....I thought that rather odd.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version