Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: If the Beatles would have continued in the 70's.  (Read 2221 times)

Wayne L.

If the Beatles would have continued in the 70's.
« on: July 02, 2004, 12:59:13 PM »

1.  The Beatles would have recorded many more popular albums but not as important & influential just like their 60's contemparies the Beach Boys & the Stones.

2.  Billy Preston would have been a member of the Beatles by 70 is they would had continued along with possily two more musicians as backup for tours.

3.  I think they would have toured less during the 70's but I think the Beatles would have done about 3 major world tours. 

4.  Solo albums from the 70's like Sometime In NYC, At The Speed Of Sound, 33 1/3 & Ringo wouldn't have existed but tracks from these albums would have been on a couple of Beatles album.

5.  The Beatles would have possibly broken up by 75 if they would have continued or back in 80 knowing the personal & professional tensions within the group.

Patton

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's all in the mind.
Re: If the Beatles would have continued in the 70's.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 03:22:29 PM »

All I can say is Who knows for sure what would have happened. Almost anything was possible.
Adam Priestle

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2004, 04:31:52 AM »

why would they resume touring after not doing it for four years?  Preston would have been in the group tho, there your right

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2004, 04:57:04 AM »

They would have killed each other. Or Yoko. One or the other.

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2004, 05:44:10 PM »

In response to Wayne:

1. There's no way of knowing, but yeah, it seems unlikely that they could've matched the previous decade.

2. Preston wouldn't have been made an official member....he might have been on a tour or two if they did one.

3. 3 World Tours certainly seems like a lot.....especially since only Paul seemed up for it.

4. Granted, some early solo stuff may have appeared in reworked form....I don't see how John's politically themed album would have any tracks with The Beatles, really....and Ringo and At The Speed of Sound had nothing thought of in the late sixties.

5. Who knows?

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2004, 07:25:18 AM »

man oh man just imagine aww;-D

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 51 queries.