Other forums > Different Conversations

Liverpool Day 2

(1/2) > >>

The End:
My God, I was very panicky this morning - I woke up and couldn't speak! My voice was just a very dry whisper, no matter how hard I tried I couldn't make a sound (some might have even cheered!). I was really worried because nothing like that has happened to me before!! Anyway, my voice did slowly come back - and now I am husky, in a non-sexy way!

And why did I lose my voice? Well... Whilst in the Grapes pub last night, we met a guy from the US called Jan Owen - it was him on acoustic guitar during our little jam session in The Grapes (remember?). It turned out that he was performing at the Adelphi hotel (where all the the other bands also play) at 2:00 am! So, at 10:00 I went to sleep for 2 hours and set my clock to wake me at 12:00. My mate wanted to sleep in a bit longer, so at 12:00 I went downstairs and watched the bands all on my own (awwwwww!).

I was glad I went though, I got to see a band from Brazil called Brazilian Blackbird - they were superb! They didn't dress like the Beatles, all of their efforts were concentrated on perfecting their sound, and they were awesome! They even played Happiness is a Warm Gun!!!!! I'd never heard that tackled live before!

Then at 1:30am, I went upstairs and woke up my mate so we could go and see Jan Owen's set! Jan was amazing - just him and his acoustic guitar, but he managed to play A Day In The Life - even the orchestral build!! I will never forget In My Life played to perfection including the piano break - I simply HAD to buy him a drink after that... and a CD!

We then went into another of the music venues in the Adelphi and watched Beatlemaniacs - also very good, but by that time I was WAY too drunk so I can.t really tell you how good they were. I remember their drummer laying Ticket To Ride perfectly though! My vocals were getting louder and louder!

Then after a chicken burger at 4:30am, I went to bed and woke up without a voice!

Tonight another of my mates is joining us here in Liverpool and we start all over again! Tonight we will enjoy The Overtures, 1962, 1964 The Tribute and more and more!

I expect to have no voice again tomorrow - at least this time I know it comes back!

More tomorrow!

AL

Herecomesyoursun:
sounds like a blast alan.  hope to hear more!

pc31:
you lost your voice because i spiked your drink........

The End:
[quote by=pc31 link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1093703751,s=2 date=1093730837]you lost your voice because i spiked your drink........[/quote]

Ah! So it was you!!! Thanks - I had a great time!!! ;D

:
Sounds like fun. Sucks that you lost your voice though. I always have that happen to me when I get a cold.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version