Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: are you sensitive about john?  (Read 6347 times)

sexy sadie

• Getting Better
  • once there was a way to get back home...
are you sensitive about john?
« on: March 10, 2005, 12:39:16 AM »

do you guys get easily upset over john's death, or things related to that? does it hurt you but not outwardly? how sensitive are you? im pretty sad about it, not to the point where i cry every time i hear his voice, but when i really think about it makes me sad. the only times i've really cried over him were the 1st time i heard "empty garden" by elton john, and at the end of the "imagine" movie when they show all his fans crying.  :(
Ashley*

one sweet dream, pick up the bags and get in the limousine. soon we'll be away from here. step on the gas and wipe that tear away. one sweet dream came true today...

[img]http://img122.exs.cx/img122/8264/jsj21oc.jpg[/img

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
Re: are you sensitive about john?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 12:45:13 AM »

I must admit my first ever trip to Liverpool was a very emotional experience for me! It was to celebrate what would have been John's 50th birthday - Yoko organised a huge concert and, at the end, the crowd all joined in singing Give Peace A Chance - not a dry eye in sight!!

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 12:50:07 AM »

I'm not the crying type, but I do get very sad when I think about it. I also get angry and defensive whenever one of my thoughtless classmates makes a tasteless joke about it.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

number14

• A Thousand Pages
  • I like the beatles a lot
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 01:02:38 AM »

ive nevr cried but ya its sad

Paul McCartney :)

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2005, 02:29:52 AM »

Each year I try to get to New York because its the greatest city on the Planet, and I always make a pilgrimage to the Dakota and Strawberry Fields, and even after all these years, you look where Chapman was waiting and where John got shot and stumbled and you just re-enact it in your head and it always gets my heart racing. This will sound strange but sometimes I'll still dream that I'm trying to warn him about what's going to happen. Its an strange disparity because you look at the entrance to the Dakota and its like a time warp and you're back in 1980, as the City whizzes by. I always look up at their Co-op and the only movement I ever saw was a few of their cats in the window. Some sites won't even let you mention Chapman's name because it is too 'disturbing' which I think is a little much. Its reality unfortunately, and I think people have a right to be p*ssed or despise the man, but to not be able to deal with the mention of his name is a bit over the top.

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2005, 02:41:28 AM »

it's weird. i never met john and he died more than a decade before i was born, but i feel a strange connection with him. i guess you could say i'm senstivie about him and i just wish i could have met or even seen him live once.
All You Need is Love  :K) :K) :K)

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2005, 04:46:54 AM »

That end part of the Imagine film always gets me choked up too...

I feel empty inside when I really think about him being gone and not being able to change the world like he wanted to... But then again, I was never alive while he was, so I can't say I am over sensitive about it...

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2005, 06:29:14 AM »

I'm very sensitive to it. Even reading this thread got me a bit emotional. Maybe because I was alive when it happened so it's more real to me. It was so f-ing sad you can't imagine unless you were around to experience the shock. I don't get on people for mentioning that things name, but I certainly wouldn't mind if it was never mentioned either. I can't help but think of his last moment you know. And the horror he went through. That announcement that doctor made. It's all too much. I'm already getting upset.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2005, 12:58:11 PM »

Quote from: juniorsfarm
This will sound strange but sometimes I'll still dream that I'm trying to warn him about what's going to happen.

Not strange at all - I've had those dreams too! There is one particular dream I remember... John's death had been faked and he was actually secretly being held prisoner by the Russians. Then due to the collapse of communism, John was set free at a surprise press conference!

It's great having those dreams, the only problem is you have to wake up.

Wayne L.

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2005, 03:52:18 PM »

I'm not sensitive over John's death after over 20 years but it was like a hit to the gut when he was killed back in 80.  

TurnMeOnDeadman

• A Thousand Pages
  • Creme Tangerine
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2005, 03:03:38 AM »

it sucks, i get sensitive sometimes, mostly when Im watching Imagine

mih ssim mih ssim ,won daed si luap

"LSD is a drug made famous by John Lennon and Paul Mccartney"
 &nb

Because

• A Beginning
  • asian girls are hot
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2005, 03:30:22 AM »

sometimes, maybe if im just in a melancholy mood to begin with. on those certain days when u get to a certain part of one of his songs, and u just hear him singing. john had alot of emotion in his voice, and the saddest thing is this happens to people every day. their lives are ended abruptly for no good reason. its particularly sad in johns case to all of us because we all know how much talent he had, how much more music he would have made. how he would have had a big impact in the years after 1980. so much potential. in the end, john was just a good person. no more, certainly no less. he was an equal to all other human beings who died violently way too young. rest in peace, john, u are greatly missed

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2005, 11:51:03 AM »

Quote from: The_End

Not strange at all - I've had those dreams too! There is one particular dream I remember... John's death had been faked and he was actually secretly being held prisoner by the Russians. Then due to the collapse of communism, John was set free at a surprise press conference!

ha ha, interesting dream.......................................................................
All You Need is Love  :K) :K) :K)

sexy sadie

• Getting Better
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2005, 06:59:09 AM »

Quote from: The_End

awww man, i hate dreams that are so good, and then you wake up. i had a strange dream once where i was @ a graveyard. john, paul, me, and a bunch of other people were all waiting in a long line. i wasn't sure what the line was for @ 1st, but as i got closer it was a dug out grave. i was confused as to what was going on, so i asked paul and he said "we're all dying. everyone's jumping in the grave, and then you're dead." i was so shocked and scared, i tried to get out of line but there was no way out. i looked forward and saw john swing down into the hole in the ground, then paul. right b4 i was supposed to, i woke up. strange :-/

Ashley*

one sweet dream, pick up the bags and get in the limousine. soon we'll be away from here. step on the gas and wipe that tear away. one sweet dream came true today...

elementary_penguin

• A Beginning
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2005, 12:07:39 PM »

I am a very sensitive person. Like many have said, I wasn't born when it happened, but I do feel really sad when December 8/9th comes around. I will play my Double Fantasy in my room and just try to think of John.

I had this dream once where I was at the Dakota, and I was watching from above as if I was flying. Suddenly I notice a person standing at the gates and he's covered in blood, and then I see that it's John. He seems to be waiting for something, but I have no idea what it is. He has this incredible anxious, sad, angry look in his eyes, and then I sort of have a feeling of what he's waiting for, so I go down and take his hand. *shivers* Across the street, another figure appears, but this time it's George. I lead John across the street and John and George disappear ... and there seems to be a thousand guitars playing in the sky ...

frightenedandscared

• A Beginning
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2005, 04:13:58 PM »

Sometimes I am. When I first watched the beginning intro of Anthology where they play "In My Life" my eyes welled up in tears especially at the end where John takes of his hat.

What really gets to me is how happy and peaceful John was when he released Double Fantasy. He was back doing what he loved. Then he was taken away.

I've never seen Imagine and if I do I'll have to make sure I'm alone in the room. I'll probably cry bucketfulls.

sexy sadie

• Getting Better
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2005, 06:14:39 PM »

:(
Ashley*

manon

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2005, 11:57:48 PM »

Yes I am very sensitive about anything related to John, even after all those years.  I miss him alot.

Ivo

• A Beginning
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2005, 06:12:56 AM »

I get really upset when thinking of how he died and how caught off guard he was.  That is no way to go out.  Security for stars changed drastically after his death for sure.
I'm off like a herd of turtles.

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2005, 05:11:13 PM »

This will probably be of little comfort to people who try to put themselves in John's position, but after he was shot, I'm sure his body was in complete shock and even though he reportedly was able to mumble his name, I'm sure he was gone very quickly and hopefully suffered little. The arteries that were severed caused him to lose such an enormous amount of blood so quickly, there's no way he had much time to suffer before he died.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.304 seconds with 90 queries.