Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Time for Setlist change  (Read 16035 times)

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
Re: Time for Setlist change
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2008, 11:56:21 PM »

Quote from: 1580
Here's the thing though, they do suggest songs to McCartney all the time, so once again who knows what they may be suggesting!

As I said, I am encouraged!

I really admire your optimism.   :) :)

When you wrote to Paul's guitarists, did you happen to ask if/when Paul will tour?  Because there have been endless rumors about Paul doing an American/world tour.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

maccafan

• A Beginning
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2008, 06:50:55 AM »

penny Lane, all he said was stay tuned for further dates.

Yes I am optimistic, Paul McCartney just has too much absolutely fantastic music that he should be performing!

BlueMeanie

« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2008, 10:51:39 AM »

Here's the thing though, they do suggest songs to McCartney all the time, so once again who knows what they may be suggesting!

As I said, I am encouraged!

You don't give up do you? Did you read JimmyMcCullochFan's post? They don't suggest songs to Paul. It's not Wings, it's a backing band for Paul solo. I expect they pretty much do what they're told and bank the cheques.

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2008, 12:25:32 PM »

I remember the tour announcement for the '05 tour would have more Wings songs and that got me all excited...boy was I disappointed where there weren't anymore Wings songs than the usual BOTR, Jet etc

Wordno

• Getting Better
  • Fortune favors the bold
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2008, 02:07:23 PM »

Quote from: 682
I remember the tour announcement for the '05 tour would have more Wings songs and that got me all excited...boy was I disappointed where there weren't anymore Wings songs than the usual BOTR, Jet etc

And then of course you had Paul on that tour say "This is for all you Wings fans" and proceeded to play 'Too many people'. Of course  'Too Many People' came out before Wings was even formed and was never played live by any of the Wings line-ups lol.

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2008, 02:47:58 PM »

Quote from: 403

And then of course you had Paul on that tour say "This is for all you Wings fans" and proceeded to play 'Too many people'. Of course  'Too Many People' came out before Wings was even formed and was never played live by any of the Wings line-ups lol.

I know, when he said that I was like what the heck Paul this isn't a Wings song :P

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2008, 04:00:16 PM »

He should put Another Day back in there. a great macca song!  :)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

maccafan

• A Beginning
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2008, 07:29:19 PM »

In the e-mailed I received from Mr. Ray he said that they do suggest songs to McCartney all the time!  The reason I e-mailed them in the first place is because I read that they suggest songs to McCartney.

Do you guys know that they've rehearsed Junior's Farm, The Night Before, Another Girl, What You're Doing and several others?  I don't know why they haven't performed them, but they have rehearsed them.  I read it in an interview with Rusty Anderson.  In fact that's the reason McCartney started performing Helter Skelter and Too Many people, they suggested them to McCartney!

McCartney has said himself that they suggest songs to him, of course it's ultimately up to McCartney, but they do make suggestions.

So as I said, I'm encouraged!

Here's my thing, I don't understand how anyone who likes McCartney wouldn't want to hear as much of this mans fantastic music live as is humanly possible?  This man has so much and I do mean so much awesome music, why wouldn't you want to hear it live?

I totally understand that he may never ever perform it, but that doesn't mean that he shouldn't or that he couldn't.  He has said that he will never stop performing live, so I will never stop hoping and asking for more variety on stage!

Because I know if McCartney would perform some of this fantastic music, the crowds would absolutely love it!

maccafan

• A Beginning
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2008, 07:53:21 PM »

Guys here's a little bit of an interview with Rusty Anderson right after the Driving Rain tour.  I didn't get all of it but this part relates to our discussion.

An Interview with Rusty Anderson

How are you doing?

I'm doing great - getting back into the LA world here, after the tour. I got a work out in today. it's very different on the road - it was nice having gyms in the hotels etc and not having to drive to things.

Did you know when you were doing Driving Rain that there would be a tour?

There was talk about it - paul was very cautious at that point. I think that Paul had been through so many things but once things started kicking in there was a complete difference. Driving Rain was him coming out of a cave. He was coming out of a deep grieving process. That's one thing that really impressed me about him - he spoke very candidly after I'd known him for a very little time about things like that. He was very in touch with his human-ness and that was very inspiring.

Did you have any input on what songs were performed on the tour?

There was some sort of magic in the way it all happened. I think Paul was on the same wavelength as everyone. I was really happy when I saw the original set list. I suggested It's Getting Better and he thought that was great - and we suggested some other ones but I think those will end up in the next tour. He's got a lot of songs and it's nice to change it up. Things will morph into the next tour but I was very pleased with the set list. I thought it kept on getting better.

So there you go guys, they do suggest songs, so as I said, who knows what they may be suggesting for the upcoming tour?  Let's keep our fingers crossed!

I found this interview on the Macca Reports website.

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2008, 08:02:54 PM »

I'm not getting my hopes up.

Wordno

• Getting Better
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2008, 03:41:05 PM »

Reality is a bitter pill to swallow. I'm sure fans have been asking Paul for years to change the setlist and for years we've been getting pretty much the same setlist. A few fan requests isn't going to get him to change his setlist. McCartney does what McCartney wants and he doesn't want to change his setlist.

Ged

• A Beginning
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2008, 03:53:28 PM »

It's all a bit safe isn't it though. Keeping it as it is forever.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2008, 07:10:14 PM »

Don`t give up hope, guys! Miracles happen!

maccafan

• A Beginning
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2008, 09:13:33 PM »

You don't have to worry about me, I believe in Miracles!

If you could talk with McCartney he'd probably tell you that his whole life has been a miracle!

Ged, it's much worse than safe, it's predictable, common, old, not representative of his career, and doesn't even begin to show the variety of fantastic music that McCartney has created!

If fans have been asking for years, what does that say?

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2008, 09:19:06 PM »

^ That Paul doesn't listen to his fans and does what he wants regardless.

DoBotherMe

• A Beginning
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2008, 09:43:48 PM »

I read somewhere that Paul is the keeper of the Beatles legacy. It may be that he sees it as his mission to perpetuate the Beatles eminence. He does seem to love the Fabs and would do anything for them. Every time I see him now, I tear up because he is so special in so many ways. Dana ; )

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2008, 10:12:55 PM »

You don't have to worry about me, I believe in Miracles!

If you could talk with McCartney he'd probably tell you that his whole life has been a miracle!

Ged, it's much worse than safe, it's predictable, common, old, not representative of his career, and doesn't even begin to show the variety of fantastic music that McCartney has created!

If fans have been asking for years, what does that say?

A) he's either forgot how to play the songs  B) may feel he cant do them justice anymore C) doesnt particulary like them anymore D) see's his current setlist as bigger draw.

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2008, 10:26:16 PM »

1976 Wings Tour Setlist.

5 out of 29 songs were Beatle songs. 17%

1979 Wings Tour Setlist.

3 out of 21 songs were Beatle songs. 14%

1989 Tour Setlist.

17 out of 31 songs were Beatle songs. 54%

1993 Tour Setlist.

16 out of 32 songs were Beatle songs. 50%

2002 Tour Setlist.

22 out of 36 songs were Beatle songs. 61%

2005 Tour Setlist.

26 out of 37 songs were Beatle songs. 70%

maccafan

• A Beginning
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2008, 12:22:14 AM »

As a result of those percentages, more and more of his fans are becoming dissatisfied and more and more of them are saying they will skip his shows.

It just doesn't have to be that way.

It amazes me that all these reasons why only seem to apply to his Wings and solo material.

Guys if he can play the Beatles, he can play anything else in his career!

Wordno

• Getting Better
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2008, 12:28:20 AM »

As a result of those percentages, more and more of his fans are becoming dissatisfied and more and more of them are saying they will skip his shows.

It just doesn't have to be that way.

It amazes me that all these reasons why only seem to apply to his Wings and solo material.

Guys if he can play the Beatles, he can play anything else in his career!

You're right, it doesn't have to be that way. But that doesn't mean it's going to change. I think you're being a wishful thinker. While it's good to be optimistic, I think you're borderlining into being naive.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Page created in 0.375 seconds with 78 queries.