Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21

Author Topic: The Rolling Stones  (Read 64224 times)

Wayne L.

The Rolling Stones
« on: July 31, 2006, 06:41:26 PM »

The Rolling Stones are one of the greatest rock bands of all time, without a doubt & I have been a dedicated fan for a long time.  My favorite era is during the late 60's/early 70's, which defines them for me, when they were their baddest & their ballsiest in their music, their image & their attitude.  I think it's kind of funny looking back on it, how controversial they were back in the early 60's & I can see the media & parents going nuts.  Gimme Shelter is my all time favorite concert documentary from the Stones, which I saw for the first time way back in 77 & it was just a bad day at a rock show at Altamont, it wasn't the apocalyse as some former hippies, who were there, like to make it.  I never thought they would be around by this time when I first became aware of them listening to the radio way back in 69.  It's great that they're still rockin after over 40 years, but I think the end is coming soon, because I can't picture Mick Jagger onstage in ten years.  

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: The Rolling Stones
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 11:30:44 PM »

The Stones are coming to Halifax, and I'm gonna have to see 'em, since I missed them when they came to Moncton, and, like you said, they won'y be touring forever. Anyway, I promised my dad that I would go with him if they came. I dunno how I'm going to come up with the money but..... STONES! I have to see them.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 01:19:45 AM »

Eddie's dead.

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 01:34:20 AM »

The "quality" of the Stones songs often get overlooked. They have written just as many great songs as the Beatles, but never gotten the recognition they deserved. Yes often reffered to as the greatest rock and roll band in the world but that's as far as it goes? Through the 60s, 70, 80, and 90s the band has come up with some really good songs!

Bobber

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 07:10:31 AM »

Their concert in the Netherlands last week was not sold out.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 11:31:03 AM »

Their tickets are ridiculously priced!

Wayne L.

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 09:34:33 PM »

The Stones tickets are ridiculously priced, but you know what you're getting, unlike most of the crap from today's artists The End.

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 10:14:06 PM »

Very true Wayne - I would absolutely love to see them live but they are priced WAY out of my pocket :(

Bobber

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 07:06:18 AM »

Quote from: Wayne_L.
...but you know what you're getting...

And that's exactly why one can call the tickets 'overprized'.

ma_tt2

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2006, 10:25:08 PM »

finally they're coming to Vancouver, I'm going to have to see them. This seems like a never ending tour.

Wayne L.

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2006, 07:48:08 PM »

Quote from: ma_tt2
finally they're coming to Vancouver, I'm going to have to see them. This seems like a never ending tour.

It seems like a never ending tour by the Stones, but this will probably be the last one.  

ma_tt2

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2006, 12:09:08 AM »

It seems like a never ending tour by the Stones, but this will probably be the last one.  

That's exactly what I thought when I realised how long they've been on tour for. I would love one more album, A Bigger Bang was great, best Stones album since Some Girls.

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2006, 11:35:10 AM »

Guess what!!!! I've got tickets for next Tuesday!!!! 90 quid though - which is still relatively cheap from what I've seen! ;D

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2006, 02:52:50 PM »

A couple of my mates seen them in Nice last week - they said the performance and whole show-package was out of this world - seems like they can still put on a show.
Mick Jagger could speak fluent French, but Old Keith just said "Bonjour"... keeping it simple :)
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

SallyG

• A Beginning
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2006, 07:12:31 PM »

I saw them about 9 months ago and the show kicked butt. Hopefully for you folks across the pond that are going, Mick gets over his throat problems. They've already cancelled one show in Spain.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060814/en_nm/jagger_cancellation_dc

ma_tt2

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2006, 04:16:40 AM »

2 shows in Spain cancelled. Tickets go on sale in Vancouver on Monday at 10 am, I heard in Winnipeg the sold out in 8 min.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2006, 10:13:21 AM »

I like almost all of the big 60s bands, but somehow I just can't get into the Stones, even though I really tried. I even got the 40 Licks double CD and tried to enjoy it, but I just really don't like the Rolling Stones.

Wayne L.

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2006, 12:32:48 PM »

Quote from: Biscuit_Power
I like almost all of the big 60s bands, but somehow I just can't get into the Stones, even though I really tried. I even got the 40 Licks double CD and tried to enjoy it, but I just really don't like the Rolling Stones.

You're probably one of the very small few who don't like the Stones.  

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2006, 12:35:19 PM »

You're probably one of the very small few who don't like the Stones.  

I know, I really wish I could like them. I know they're good musicians and that they have a whole lot of classic albums waiting to be explored, but I just can't enjoy their song material and I dislike Mick's voice...

ma_tt2

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2006, 03:29:55 AM »

Quote from: Biscuit_Power

I know, I really wish I could like them. I know they're good musicians and that they have a whole lot of classic albums waiting to be explored, but I just can't enjoy their song material and I dislike Mick's voice...

You need to listen to some of the softer stuff to really appreciate Mick's voice. Angie, Wild Horses, Moonlight Mile, Waiting On A Friend, Memory Motel, those are the songs that got me into the stones. Then I really started to appriciate his singing in all the other songs he sings.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21

Page created in 0.78 seconds with 77 queries.