Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: WHY I HATE PAUL!!!!!  (Read 22009 times)

Fab4

• One And One Is Two
Re: WHY I HATE PAUL!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2004, 03:52:57 AM »

Wow, you'd never see this type of thread for any of the other guys! I wonder why Paul gets so much sh*t from so called Beatle fans! Actually, most people seem to be defending him around here which is cool. I think a lot of stuff has been made up or blown out of proportion about Paul and his personality. He seems like a decent enough guy to me. He didn't spoil his children rotten, he stayed with the same woman for like 30 years, never had a divorce or affairs, didn't father countless numbers of children w/ various women (see: Rolling Stones), didn't flake out on drugs or act the spoiled rock star like so many of his peers. I mean he had the biggest reason to behave like an a-hole than any of them if he wanted to go that way! I think all four Beatles were and are class acts. Especially when compared to their contemporaries.

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2004, 12:09:25 AM »

that was extremelly well put fab4.  Also, i find it hard to believe that Paul McCartney supports George W. Bush, but whatever.  The Yoko Ono one is sketchy too.

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2004, 04:20:53 AM »

Yeah, everyone seems to get this conservative image of Paul.....his music is really different from one album to the next, it's just his style to make some rather slight pop songs.....just like the rest of the fab four, he promotes love and peace, not war.

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

broady

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2004, 04:45:14 AM »

Have you guys remembered how he was trying to get some of the songs changed so he was credited for the songwriting instead of (Lennon/McCartney)?

:( Oh Paul...

number14

• A Thousand Pages
  • I like the beatles a lot
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2004, 04:34:11 PM »

maybe he felt so bad that he didnt want to show his emotions. Paul is a very good guy, im sure of it. And he is only human.

Paul McCartney :)

number14

• A Thousand Pages
  • I like the beatles a lot
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2004, 04:35:04 PM »

[quote by=broady link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1082578854,s=23 date=1089434714]Have you guys remembered how he was trying to get some of the songs changed so he was credited for the songwriting instead of (Lennon/McCartney)?

:( Oh Paul...[/quote]
i dont think that matters because he's a better songwriter then john, in my personal opinion.

Paul McCartney :)

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2004, 08:56:58 PM »

The desire to change some of the songs to "McCartney/Lennon" is one of the things that bugged me. After all, the two songwriters had a mutual understanding throughout their careers together, and it was always to be Lennon and McCartney. I suspect that Paul's just getting concerned as he gets older that perhaps one day people won't realize which songs he wrote or something. It's an old age crisis. But I think it's wrong to mess around with history. And for better or worse, just like Gilbert & Sullivan or Rodgers & Hammerstein, it's.......Lennon and McCartney.

Fab4

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2004, 09:03:03 PM »

Well it will only bite Paul in the ass. It makes him look very egotistical. But I don't blame the guy or anything. We all have our faults. Like you said, it's probably a midlife crisis or something. Only he had his in the public eye. BTW, didn't Lennon do something similiar to this on his Plastic Ono Band album. I mean change the names around? I thought I read somthing to that effect. Between the two of them with their egos I don't know how they lasted as long as they did. I guess all great geniuses have issues of some sort!

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2004, 05:21:18 PM »

[quote by=Joe_Karlosi link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1082578854,s=26 date=1090961818]The desire to change some of the songs to "McCartney/Lennon" is one of the things that bugged me. After all, the two songwriters had a mutual understanding throughout their careers together, and it was always to be Lennon and McCartney. I suspect that Paul's just getting concerned as he gets older that perhaps one day people won't realize which songs he wrote or something. It's an old age crisis. But I think it's wrong to mess around with history. And for better or worse, just like Gilbert & Sullivan or Rodgers & Hammerstein, it's.......Lennon and McCartney.[/quote]

Add Simon and Garfunkel to that.  Personally, I don't look at a chart written by "Lennon-McCartney" and think that Lennon wrote it or something.  Paul needs to just chill on the subject and realize that people still think he's great.

HFleen

• A Beginning
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2004, 02:28:32 PM »

Yipes!

"...because he's a better songwriter then john..."

Not seriously, right?

Herb
============================
www.thebeatlesforum.com
"Love, love me do..."

Billy Shears

• A Beginning
  • There's a fog upon L.A.
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2004, 02:51:30 PM »

think how it must have been to be paul, you meet this guy lennon, who is by far more of a life force than yourself, he asks you to be his partner....you see a chance to be treated equal to this guy you admire...you work harder than anyone to show you're worthy of the task...you introduce a young talent to john, he takes your word for it that george is good...george brings ringo...paul built a band....but paul knows it's johns band and accepts it....years go by....fame and fortune....breakup....of course paul is going to try and gain some credit....but it's all because john was such an influence on paul....it's flattery of the simplest kind that made paul the man he is....really, how could any of them have known where they were going when they started out together...i think paul see's himself as the guardian of their talent...the other's didn't really care about the greatness, paul saw it all from the future looking back, and wanted the beatles to be remembered for the great band they were....his making of abbey road is an example of this, the others had to be begged to show up....paul knew it was the swan song...he made that album, the others just showed up, yet their contributions were aknowledged as great, and they are, however that album would never had happened without paul, the real band leader....the beatles are pauls band, and deep down i think even john knew it.
   this is only my opinion and i'm not going to debate it with people who disagree.
"that's my story, and i'm stickin too it"
" You can't have a party without Beatles"

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2004, 08:26:50 PM »

[quote by=garyman link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1082578854,s=30 date=1092235890] -----

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2004, 10:43:45 PM »

Because he's said his part and doesn't want to discuss it any further.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2004, 11:27:00 PM »

I feel the comment about Abbey-Road does mirror Truth.
By the time of Abbey Road, Mccartney realised the Success of the Beatles was a Once in History Moment..and so adopted the 'future looking back'  ...creating Abbey Road as the final send off..while adopting cult-creativity in the sense of wearing no Shoes on the cover etc.

Although this is merely an opinion, I think Lennon also Realised the merit of such thought, and went for the 'cool way out' although this is a weaker arguement..as Lennon was a spontaneous sort of man.
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2004, 05:02:53 AM »

Much of what the original poster says is true methinks, but by the end of the post it becomes too much a commercial for Macca.

He was NOT the band.  He was a big part of it.

Otherwise, some well said thoughts there.

Billy Shears

• A Beginning
  • There's a fog upon L.A.
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2004, 01:03:23 PM »

reply to my own reply....i am a firm believer that all four beatles are equal...sum better than the parts thing...i kinda went on a paul bandwagon in defence of that poor misguided paul hater...i like the " unit" beatles,   it's a clean machine, i have to admit i am not a big fan of much of anything after 1980....i am sure there are many things i've missed, now that i've read a lot of posts here. i have always considered the beatles music considerably better than any solo attempts, of course there are exceptions, but generally, they lost a lot when they split.   mainly george martin production....the odd thing about george harrison was, he had the most bottled up stuff, but he seemed to lose a lot in the production of his solo albums....too many musicians, to much background, to much "wall of sound" spector type junk, still great stuff though....john was the opposite. it all sounded like he did it in the bathroom, or on the sofa....good stuff, but you couldnt dance to it, great soul searching words though....of course paul is "pop ".....he has a knack for pop music, but the lennon, george depth is sorely missing in his solo efforts....but it was good pop rock music (saw him in 1976...best concert i ever saw, and i saw many bands!   (saw george in 1974 too).
 and ringo, he is ringo....you gotta love him, the sentimental heart, grounding force of the beatles....they would have never been much without him.....again i ramble more opinions just for the sake of speaking about beatles....this sight is great!
" You can't have a party without Beatles"

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2004, 03:59:46 PM »

(saw george in 1974 too)

Jealous!!!!!

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2004, 09:38:05 PM »

his making of abbey road is an example of this, the others had to be begged to show up....paul knew it was the swan song...he made that album, the others just showed up, yet their contributions were aknowledged as great, and they are, however that album would never had happened without paul, the real band leader....the beatles are pauls band, and deep down i think even john knew it.

I agree that at the END of The Beatles, it was Paul who sort of lead the way and became the leader. But The Beatles as a concept from the start was John's band, and I don't necessarily agree that John thought otherwise deep down inside. Even up to his very last interviews in 1980, it was obvious that John truly felt proud that it was his group. He said something like, "The only one I chose as my partner who I recognized had talent and I could get on with was PAUL. I said, 'okay, you come in'. George came through Paul, and Ringo came through George, although I had a say in where they came from..."

Now, I DO believe that John felt a bit envious of Paul inside, and felt pressure to keep up with him (a creative rivalry, if you will).

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2004, 10:45:53 PM »

Yeah, but thats what created the classics we all love.
the simple cycle of artistic rivalry is natural and..rewarding.
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2004, 11:05:24 PM »

to the spoiler go the gains so to speak?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 88 queries.