Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beatles songs I've never heard  (Read 1941 times)

NotTheWalrus

• A Beginning
Beatles songs I've never heard
« on: March 10, 2015, 07:05:41 PM »

Just went through a list of Beatles songs while answering another thread. Shock! There are songs I've never heard. Madman and Watching Rainbows.

Madman songs like an early version of Mean Mr Mustard. Before a considerable rewrite, but the basic rhythm and simple major key feel seems to have survived.

I've just looked here. Holy @$%^, there are more of them. I used to collect Beatles ... 'additional material' back when it was a matter of buying discs from grubby stalls in markets. I didn't buy many Let it Be session discs as the first few I got were endless retreads of the already released materials plus a few covers. I've missed out a lot. I noticed a youtube video of 'The Palace of the King of the Birds' which I presumed was a falsely attributed Beatles song, but it checks out. Was that written when it was mooted that The Beatles. There looks to be more, and with youtube, it's easy to find these tracks.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: Beatles songs I've never heard
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 07:43:22 PM »

I didn't buy many Let it Be session discs as the first few I got were endless retreads of the already released materials plus a few covers. I've missed out a lot.

Did you ever hear this?

The Beatles - The Long And Winding Road - Blues Version
I can stay till it's time to go

NotTheWalrus

• A Beginning
Re: Beatles songs I've never heard
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 08:15:59 PM »

Haha! That's great. Any more recommendations of Let It Be sessions highlights gratefully accepted.

I'm presuming that 'Commonwealth' is meant to be a complete p**take of Enoch Powel.

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 42 queries.