Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Rain - Ed Turner and Number 9  (Read 1139 times)

Kirkwood

• One And One Is Two
    • Ed Turner and Number 9
Rain - Ed Turner and Number 9
« on: June 15, 2009, 07:42:52 AM »

Hi guys.  I am starting to post new videos from our core 7 band shows in April that were fund raisers for our local humane society.  The first one posted is Rain and being that we performed in the environmental theater of the National Science Center's Fort Discovery, we were able to shower down some real rain along with it.  Okay, it was really just a mist but still, how many people get to do that?  It turned out to be a great hit.

The second post is Paperback Writer and is our first attempt at 5 part harmonies with me being the fifth voice and I am not a vocalist so it was a whole lot of fun for me.

If possible please watch in high quality mode and by all means let us know what you think.

Tln2wpGnKwI

4PPYoyqrCqg
Please check out Ed Turner and Number 9 on Youtube and let us know what you think.  We perform primarily in the southeastern United States for charity events and pride ourselves in performing Beatles songs that they themselves never performed live.  We wo
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

stevie

• Getting Better
Re: Rain - Ed Turner and Number 9
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 12:37:01 AM »

Yeah, hi man! watched the clips. 'Paperback' was the better of the two - the music was very well done and the singing was good. 'Rain' was ok - the music was adequate but the vocal sort of let it down. It needs that John voice more. the voice suited the Paul song more. But still, great stuff overall. I'll check out some more on youtube.

Bobber

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 08:16:36 AM »

Close to perfection. Loved the 'Paul is Dead' in the socalled backtracking part in Rain. You could work on the timing and length of sung notes in Rain.

Kirkwood

• One And One Is Two
    • Ed Turner and Number 9
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 03:34:39 PM »

No excuses but we had a lot less space then we thought we were going to have so half of us didn't have monitors.  Heh, we were in too good of a mood since this was the last night of a 4 show run so I think we got a little cocky and were having too much fun hence the little bit of sloppiness.  Heh, its a little difficult to concentrate when all these old people are pulling their umbrellas out in the theater because they are unexpectedly getting wet.
Please check out Ed Turner and Number 9 on Youtube and let us know what you think.  We perform primarily in the southeastern United States for charity events and pride ourselves in performing Beatles songs that they themselves never performed live.  We wo

Page created in 0.463 seconds with 43 queries.