Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Covers from next door to Lennon  (Read 462 times)

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages
Covers from next door to Lennon
« on: February 22, 2012, 09:11:14 PM »

Adelaide Now
February 22, 2012
Covers from next door to Lennon

ROBERTA Flack has one issue with her new Beatles covers album, Let it Be Roberta.It's not the song choices. Although that was such an issue she's already planning a sequel. Rather it's a mid-'70s photo of Flack with John Lennon and Yoko Ono in the artwork for the album.Flack, who still lives next to Ono in New York's Dakota building, is in a revealing dress."They had to talk me into using that photo," Flack says. "I didn't remember I didn't have a bra on that night. You know when you're young and foolish? I had guys dressing me: wear that, don't put anything under it. And out I went. That's the first time I've seen that photo. But it's history."  Flack, who turned 73 this month ("Shhh," she says), has interesting history with Lennon. She heard him writing Imagine through the walls."I didn't hear him singing, 'Imagine there's no heaven' but I heard him writing the song, playing the piano," Flack says. "The back of his music wall connects to a wall in my house. I did hear Imagine seeping through the walls."John was a sweetie pie," she says. "He was not so vocal. I never heard him yell or scream. He was like his music, very introspective. What he was thinking came out. And boy, did it come out."His work is so wonderful. He asked me to come to the studio when he was about to finish Double Fantasy. I don't know what I did. Yoko was there, too. She's a very smart lady. They loved each other so deeply. Their son, Sean, is like a mix of John and Yoko. I'd love to see what his father would have thought of his music."

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/ipad/covers-from-next-door-to-lennon/story-fn6ci0vj-1226278237129
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Page created in 0.246 seconds with 37 queries.