Magical Moments

<< < (36/41) > >>

I_Will:
Oh I have a lot...

-The blackbird sounds on Blackbird
-The crescendo's and the "ahhhhhhhs" in A Day in the Life
-The opening of Hey Bulldog
-The scream right before the guitar solo in Can't Buy Me Love
-The chorus in I've Got A Feeling where Paul and John are singing their respective parts
-The tripple guitar solo in The End
-Vocal bass in I Will :)
-I don't know why, but the way "at all" is sung in this song makes me smile
-The rockin' vocal part in Oh! Darling
-one, two, three, FAHR!
-Again, not sure why but the first time in Lovely Rita when Paul goes, "Lovely Rita, meet a maid" makes me smile
-The backwards guitar in I'm Only Sleeping, chills
-The end of Hello Goodbye
-The bassline in Lady Madonna
-"I don't know, I don't knoooooooooooow" in Something
-The guitar in Dear Prudence from 3:20 to 3:30
 Oh I could go on...

Bobber:
At 1:40 in Wait, Paul sings a high note in the phrase 'Hold on'. A truely magical moment. ;D

peterbell1:

--- Quote from: Bobber on May 27, 2011, 09:06:46 AM ---At 1:40 in Wait, Paul sings a high note in the phrase 'Hold on'. A truely magical moment. ;D

--- End quote ---

I have had Rubber Soul on repeat in my car this week and I totally agree about that harmony in Wait - fantastic.

One of my favourite Beatles bits is the guitar solo of Nowhere Man, and especially the sound of the guitar when at the start of each phrase it plays a few notes together rather than just one single note.
Also the instrumental break in the middle of Day Tripper - that whole crescendo thing is fantastic.
John's vocal on Twist and Shout - incredible from start to finish.
The introduction of It's All Too Much.
The intro bit of the Hollywood Bowl LP - "And now, here they are, The Beatles!" and the screams start. In fact, the whole LP is amazing. What I wouldn't give to have been there that night!
I could go on and on and on  ;D

KelMar:
"Across the Universe" is all magical for me but especially:
Thoughts meander like a restless wind inside a letter box they
Tumble blindly as they make their way
Across the universe

That's just how my mind feels sometimes.

Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on
Across the universe

And that's what keeps me going through tough times.

BeatlesandBud:
So I was listening to the Beatles today and I realized there are a bunch of small moments in their songs that are so unique and really just make the Beatles so freakin fabulous. I'll start off, please add your own!!

1. The way George says "things" in I Want to Tell You
2. The absolute DIRTY guitar riffaage in the chorus of Sgt. Pepper's
3. When Paul "notches it up a skosh" on the word "knew" in SCITTBW ( I always end up having to rewind this part at least twice)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version