Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The Worst Cover Songs EVER!  (Read 4292 times)

Joost

• That Means a Lot
Re: The Worst Cover Songs EVER!
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2005, 06:31:09 PM »

Quote from: Maccalvr

Really? She sounds like she's half asleep. It just comes off so effected to me. I don't know what she was going for.

She does sound very sleepy, but I think it works for the song. I like her voice and I even like her arrangement of the song better than the original's.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2005, 06:34:00 PM »

Quote from: Taxgirl

True, really cheesy cover... :X :X

Yep... I think that with that cover he proved that the arrangement of a song is just as important as the composition itself... I really love the original of that song, but I turn the radio off for his version...

joan was quizzical

• Getting Better
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2005, 02:41:27 AM »

Quote from: lennonlemon

My favorite would have to be Jeff Beck's cover of She's A Woman. .

Jeff Beck's "A Day in the Life" is also (thumbsup).

~ missy

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2005, 03:25:23 AM »

Mae West doing "Day Tripper".

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2005, 01:36:57 PM »

Oh. My. God.

As if "Sextette" wasn't bad enough... Mae West acting like Mae West at age eighty, ew...
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2005, 04:44:28 PM »

Van Halen sweeping the awards with their putrid covers of "Oh Pretty Woman," "Dancing In the Street," "You Really Got Me," etc.

I think Van Halen's cover of You really Got Me rocks wayyy more than the original...I really like their cover of You're No Good also, i think its better than then original and so is Oh Pretty Woman..

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2005, 06:04:22 PM »

No way is their cover of You Really Got Me better than the original. I know you're a VH fan but I thought it was just so contrived.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2005, 12:29:18 AM »

I like Van Halen's version, but the Kinks are way better. Van Halen didn't change it that much actually, Dave just added some of his screams towards the end. But that's what Dave did best! I miss that Van Halen.

BTW, tongight on Rock Star INXS, the singers are going to do covers of Paul's Live and Let Die, Lennon's Imagine (of course, like he has no other songs) The Stone's You Can't Always Get What You Want, Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here and the one I'm dying to see......some chick is gonna butcher Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody!! All of the singers wanted that song, cuz they think it'll put them over the top. Personally, I think it would make almost anyone except Freddie sound ridiculous. At least they're picking songs from the greatest artists of all time. Some people have some sense out there I guess.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2005, 12:35:45 AM »

Affected. That's what I meant to say about Fiona Apple's version of Across the Universe. Damn, I always get affect and effect mixed up! Anyway, she sounds as affected as Madonna with her British accent.

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2005, 12:40:24 AM »

Quote from: Mairi
Oh. My. God.

As if "Sextette" wasn't bad enough... Mae West acting like Mae West at age eighty, ew...

Check it out for yourself, but don't say I didn't warn you:

http://franklarosa.com/vinyl/Exhibit.jsp?AlbumID=52

p.s. 'Twist and Shout' is even worse, if that's possible.

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2005, 01:15:59 AM »

Quote from: Maccalvr
I like Van Halen's version, but the Kinks are way better. Van Halen didn't change it that much actually, Dave just added some of his screams towards the end. But that's what Dave did best! I miss that Van Halen.

BTW, tongight on Rock Star INXS, the singers are going to do covers of Paul's Live and Let Die, Lennon's Imagine (of course, like he has no other songs) The Stone's You Can't Always Get What You Want, Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here and the one I'm dying to see......some chick is gonna butcher Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody!! All of the singers wanted that song, cuz they think it'll put them over the top. Personally, I think it would make almost anyone except Freddie sound ridiculous. At least they're picking songs from the greatest artists of all time. Some people have some sense out there I guess.

I saw the show where they all wanted that one.  I think the band leader had it when he said its the hardest song to sing.  And that girl is not up to the challenge

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2005, 01:23:40 AM »

No kidding, she sounded awful in what they showed so far. The rest sort of sounded ok though. But the other songs aren't as hard as that one. But they'll suck anyway.

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2005, 01:35:21 AM »

she was the only one i saw singing that week, btu apparently the show is on at ten tonight, i just saw an ad

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • "The dude abides."
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2005, 01:37:29 AM »

I don't know if it's bad or just weird, but Flatt and Scruggs did a version of "Like a Rolling Stone."

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2005, 01:38:29 AM »

Yeah, I'm gonna watch. In three and a half hours. Hope I stay awake.

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2005, 02:59:24 AM »

Just finished watching it. I really can't believe what's coming out of these judges mouths. Saying the girl's performance of Bohemian Rhapsody was the best performance, and all this other crap with the performances.

I thought the Bohemian Rhapsody one was the worst, followed by Suspicious Minds second, and Live and Let Die third. They get 6 of the greatest rock songs and f***!
All You Need is Love  :K) :K) :K)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2005, 05:59:10 AM »

Well those people weren't as bad as I thought they'd be. They pretty much stayed true to the songs. I liked when one of the INXS guys said he almost cried during Imagine. Mainly because it's on of the greatest songs ever written! The audiences reaction to Wish You Were Here was cool. And the girl did an okay job with Bohemian Rhapsody. I mean that's a HARD song to do, but she was alright. But I HATED, HATED what that guy did with Live and Let Die!! That sucked so bad! Man, makes you realize how freaking awesome Paul's voice really is. Not that I didn't think that before, but you know.

pommyg

• A Beginning
    • Beatles Archive
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2005, 08:31:03 AM »

Great balls of fire! (Little Richard) - Jerry Lee Lewis. pathetic version with no soul
Anything by Kylie
And I hadnt even realised that Celine Dion had opened up Back in Black and decided to cover You shook me all night long

Crazy Diamond

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2005, 09:52:39 AM »

Quote from: pommyg
Great balls of fire! (Little Richard) - Jerry Lee Lewis. pathetic version with no soul
:o

pommyg

• A Beginning
    • Beatles Archive
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2005, 06:36:08 PM »

Quote from: Zep_Fan
:o

OK maybe a bit harsh. But contrast the original with the J.L.L. version. I heard Little Richard talk about it- he was blood red angry with that cover and you can see why when you listen to his original.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.369 seconds with 82 queries.