Beatles forums > The Beatles

5 stages of Ringo admiration

<< < (2/7) > >>

7 of 13:
i don't get this either, Ringo was by himself a very talented and accomplished drummer before the beatles.
 ;yes

TomMo:

--- Quote from: 7 of 13 on June 27, 2012, 05:25:38 PM ---i don't get this either, Ringo was by himself a very talented and accomplished drummer before the beatles.
 ;yes

--- End quote ---

;yes ;yes ;yes

Normandie:

That's a clever list, blmeanie, and it's similar to the way I became a Beatles fan and grew to truly appreciate Ringo.

peterbell1:

--- Quote from: 7 of 13 on June 27, 2012, 05:25:38 PM ---i don't get this either, Ringo was by himself a very talented and accomplished drummer before the beatles.
 ;yes

--- End quote ---

That's not what is being discussed. This isn't a Ringo-bashing thread - it's the exact opposite.
It's basically about the fact that there are still lots of non-Beatles fans who just think Ringo wasn't any good - and how we, as Beatles fans, have responded to that.
My experience was the same as noted in the original post - I fell in love with Beatles music when I was young, then later on I realised that other people were knocking Ringo as a drummer and I began to have doubts myself. But then, after a while, I saw exactly what he brought to the Beatles sound and how they would have been a very different band without him. I realised that the Ringo-bashers were wrong, and once I was a little older this was reinforced when I began to meet drummers for myself, and none of THEM thought Ringo was rubbish either. In fact, I don't think I've ever met a drummer who didn't rate Ringo.

blmeanie:
 ;yes

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version