Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Quality of Hofner acoustic guitar  (Read 1157 times)

CleanOldMan

• A Beginning
    • My Last.fm profile
Quality of Hofner acoustic guitar
« on: February 21, 2009, 03:07:16 AM »

Been needing something desperately. Went on Craigslist and found someone selling a regular 400 dollar Hofner acoustic guitar for a steal. Only guitar I could even find on the site in my area. If this guitar is in great shape as described once I inspect it, would it be worth it?

I can only really ask around, because I've not been able to play one as I've never seen a single Hofner instrument in a store beyond the 500/1 bass.

Thanks.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Kirkwood

• One And One Is Two
    • Ed Turner and Number 9
Re: Quality of Hofner acoustic guitar
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 06:14:16 AM »

In my experience, I have yet to see a Hofner of any kind that wasn't a piece of junk.  This also goes for the reissue violin/Beatles basses that they have been putting out in the past couple years.  The bass player in my band bought one and its terrible.  Lousy electronics that overdrive without any effort, machine heads that refuse to stay at pitch, wax is slowly dripping from within the body and we have no clue why its there in the first place, the pick guard holder won't stay on, the neck is already bent so much that you can drive a truck under the strings.......just all around pathetic.  
Please check out Ed Turner and Number 9 on Youtube and let us know what you think.  We perform primarily in the southeastern United States for charity events and pride ourselves in performing Beatles songs that they themselves never performed live.  We wo

Bobber

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 08:24:27 AM »

Some people say Stu Sutcliffe couldn't play the bass, which was a Hofner as well. But reading this, I think the bass itself is to blame, not Stu.  ;D

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 09:51:56 AM »

;D
I love my epiphone viola but it won't replace my fender precision as all round workhorse. The neck on viola basses are rinky dinky which should make playing a little easier for most. The Bee's (A Band of bee's in America) used the same bass for their 1st album Sunshine Hit Me and it sounds great.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 46 queries.