Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beautiful Boy  (Read 5822 times)

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
Beautiful Boy
« on: August 12, 2004, 02:20:28 AM »

Doesnt it seem terrible for John not to mention Julian in Beautiful Boy?  Why did he never give Julian so much of his love?

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

Runforyourlife

Re: Beautiful Boy
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 03:35:28 AM »

He wrote the song for Sean as a lullabye. Sean was a little child at the time. Julian was a teenager and probably wouldn't be thrilled to have a lullabye song dedicated to him.

If you listen to the White Album some time, the beautiful song "Goodnight" was a lullabye John wrote for Julian. I love it and it seems heartfelt, though its a pity he didn't sing it- as I think Ringo kind of makes it a tad more schmaltzy.

As far as John's love for Julian, NO ONE really knows what John was going through, and no one can say he didn't love his son because of what has been observed/spoken of in books and such. He was messed up for awhile, and he was selfish, but in the end he was trying to set things right. I hate when people have to bring up the John/Julian thing. It is so upsetting, particulalrly cuz it reminds me that the poor man was taken from this world far too soon- for the sake of his relationship with his elder son, at least. Also, I hate when people just like to throw out things like, "he didn't love Julian", "He was a bad father", etc. Its not cool to judge when you weren't there.

Sorry to get b****y, but this is one of those factors I get touchy over. I know John loved Julian. He may not have showed it well, but at least he tried to fix things. He was just 40. I mean people go through life messed up until their deaths, in their 70s, 80s...I'm pretty 100% positive John and Julian would be all right today had he lived.

In any case, my heart goes out to Julian for that huge loss in his life. :(

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 03:52:10 AM »

yes, as i looked at my post again it looks awfuul.  "WHy didnt John love Julian", thats not what i meant.  I was just wondering if he had ever wrote a song for him, which you answered.  Thanks!  Didnt mean to sound so judgemental.

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 04:59:28 AM »

[quote by=Herecomesyoursun link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1092277228,s=2 date=1092282730]yes, as i looked at my post again it looks awfuul.

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2004, 08:37:58 AM »

Did John also make a song called my ''Two beautiful boys''? I swear I saw that tittle in one of his single albums? have anyone seen it?

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2004, 12:33:33 AM »

[quote by=Sie_Liebt_Dich link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1092277228,s=4 date=1094027878]Did John also make a song called my ''Two beautiful boys''? I swear I saw that tittle in one of his single albums? have anyone seen it? [/quote]

The only song that comes to mind is Yoko's song "Beautiful Boys" and I think it was on Double Fantasy.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2004, 12:37:19 AM »

[quote by=colleen link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1092277228,s=5 date=1094344413]
The only song that comes to mind is Yoko's song "Beautiful Boys" and I think it was on Double Fantasy.[/quote]

Yeah, you're right about DF, Colleen.

It wasn't one of Yoko's best tracks on the album!

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2004, 01:53:53 AM »

[quote by=The_End link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1092277228,s=6 date=1094344639]

Yeah, you're right about DF, Colleen.

It wasn't one of Yoko's best tracks on the album![/quote]

There was a good Yoko track on there?  :D

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2004, 12:22:57 PM »

LOL! Yeah, I liked her stuff from that period - Kiss, Kiss, Kiss and Walking on Thin Ice especially. :)

Mendips

• Getting Better
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2004, 05:10:48 PM »

I agree with END, I really liked some of Yoko's tracks on DF.
In fact I would listen to Milk and Honey at work to keep me from going insane in that hell hole I had to slave in.
heh heh

Anybody here have Season of Glass?
John: You're just a lonely old man from Liverpool.
Grandfather: But I'm clean!
John: Are ya?

Sadie4

• Getting Better
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2004, 07:10:37 PM »

[quote by=Runforyourlife link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1092277228,s=1 date=1092281728]   I know John loved Julian.
 [/quote]

I think he loved him too, howver, Julian and Cynthia were so much hurt when JOHN told an interviewer, in front of Yoko: "Julia was born out of a bottle of whiskey on a saturday night". I know JOHN said it to impress the interviewer but still Julian was hurt and has said so in numerous interviews.

JOHN LENNON is my Sun King!

Runforyourlife

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2004, 12:34:30 AM »

[quote by=Mendips link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1092277228,s=9 date=1094577048]

Anybody here have Season of Glass? [/quote]

I do! I really like that one. Its probably's Yoko's most accessible stuff...well, aside from "Double Fantasy", but I'm not crazy about her stuff on there. I'm not actually big on her music at all, but "Season of Glass" is a touching and well done piece of work. Her "Plastic Ono Band" was pretty awesome. But the rest of her stuff I'm not so sure about. I heard her latest album, 'Blueprint for a Sunrise" or something. Man, it sucked. To put it nicely. There's a song on there she wrote for John, though...

I think in one line she says, "At night I miss your thighs" or something.  :o

Mendips

• Getting Better
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2004, 03:21:07 AM »

Run,
  I was really surprised with Season of Glass because I enjoyed most of it.

So glad to see I'm not the only one!  :)
John: You're just a lonely old man from Liverpool.
Grandfather: But I'm clean!
John: Are ya?

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2004, 04:18:25 AM »

[quote by=Sadie4 link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1092277228,s=10 date=1094584237]

I think he loved him too, howver, Julian and Cynthia were so much hurt when JOHN told an interviewer, in front of Yoko: "Julia was born out of a bottle of whiskey on a saturday night". I know JOHN said it to impress the interviewer but still Julian was hurt and has said so in numerous interviews.

[/quote]

A lot of us were accidents.  We didn't make a career out of being a victim.  I think it's time Jules grew up and let go of that resentment.  He made his point, and if he felt less loved than his half-brother, well, welcome to life.  It gets a lot harder out there.

Kiss My Bad Self

• A Beginning
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2004, 09:48:56 AM »

I think john loved Julian just as much as sean. But through the sixties i dont think john was really ready for a kid. he was still growing up himself. he was going through the whole beatles thing and the whole LSD thing and nearly loosing his mind. He didnt really have that much time for Julian. I can understand Julian feeling neglected and upset about this.
You think your chocolate but your chewing gum.

Runforyourlife

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2004, 04:39:50 PM »

John wasn't ready for a kid when Cynthia got pregnant. How I look at it is...Cynthia getting pregnant was an accident, and John knew exactly what the right step was after that accident. But he sort of resented that, in a way, because the other three Beatles were single and mingling and he was a hugely famous rock star and wanted to be able to be free to all the extreme excesses- but then when he did he would feel guilty to Cynthia and Julian. And I think that was sort of the resentment. I don't think he was evil for feeling resentment, I think its a human quality. He was selfish and wasn't ready to commit at that point in his life.

But he always loved his son, though he may not have been a proper father for years. He was able to reexamine his priorities at a perfect time. I mean, he was still young and Julian and him could talk and there was Sean, whom he was there for since his birth. But John's death screwed all that up, and that's where Julian has his resentment- I think more towards the "situation" than to his father, although he'll have us believe that. I think Julian should just let go and try to cheer up and realize his life isn't THAT bad- he lives in Spain, he has a nice and beautiful girl who he loves and spends a lot of time with, and he basically does nothing all day. I mean, life can be tougher. But still, part of me feels he is entitled to his resentment and I have nothing against him having it- though it'd be better if he was happier.

Oh, and Mendips..."Season of Glass" is a beautiful record. I have the one with the bonus "Walking on Thin Ice" on there, with John talking at the very end. So its pretty much all the Yoko that I need. :) But occasionally she has some good tracks on other albums. What's your fave song on SOG?

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2004, 11:53:49 PM »

[quote by=colleen link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1092277228,s=5 date=1094344413]

The only song that comes to mind is Yoko's song "Beautiful Boys" and I think it was on Double Fantasy.[/quote]

yes your right!  ;D thanks colleen!  :)

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2004, 06:13:03 AM »

[quote by=Runforyourlife link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1092277228,s=15 date=1094661590] John wasn't ready for a kid when Cynthia got pregnant. How I look at it is...Cynthia getting pregnant was an accident, and John knew exactly what the right step was after that accident. But he sort of resented that, in a way, because the other three Beatles were single and mingling and he was a hugely famous rock star and wanted to be able to be free to all the extreme excesses- but then when he did he would feel guilty to Cynthia and Julian. And I think that was sort of the resentment. I don't think he was evil for feeling resentment, I think its a human quality. He was selfish and wasn't ready to commit at that point in his life.

But he always loved his son, though he may not have been a proper father for years. He was able to reexamine his priorities at a perfect time. I mean, he was still young and Julian and him could talk and there was Sean, whom he was there for since his birth. But John's death screwed all that up, and that's where Julian has his resentment- I think more towards the "situation" than to his father, although he'll have us believe that. I think Julian should just let go and try to cheer up and realize his life isn't THAT bad- he lives in Spain, he has a nice and beautiful girl who he loves and spends a lot of time with, and he basically does nothing all day. I mean, life can be tougher. But still, part of me feels he is entitled to his resentment and I have nothing against him having it- though it'd be better if he was happier. [/quote]

Exceptionally stated.

Runforyourlife

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2004, 06:32:43 PM »

Thanks Mister Charlie. You make awesome (and funny) comments as well. :)

Page created in 0.595 seconds with 78 queries.