Other music forums > Various Artists, Lyrics, Discographies

Rock And Roll's MOST HATED!!!! MUST READ!!!!

<< < (2/6) > >>

RICKENBACKER325:
I know there other "official members". But what I am talking about is only the surving founding members Brian, Mike, Al and David and I'll give you Bruce since he has been around since 65, that give tenure. it would have been nice to finish the 50th anniversary tour and now ill fated Beach Boys album, that was discussed also for the 50th anniversary. As four Mike Love He still gets my vote for MOST HATED, for a couple of reasons, suing Al for the "Beach boys family and friends" tour. Really did he have to such a controlling  D!CK! Everyone knew what the bands were there was never any confusion about who was who, especially to long time BB fans. And pi$$ing out the fire on the 50th celebration tour and album. I guess it all boils down to money, not the music and certainly not the fans! JMO 8)

Joost:

--- Quote from: RICKENBACKER325 on September 28, 2012, 08:54:46 PM ---it would have been nice to finish the 50th anniversary tour and now ill fated Beach Boys album, that was discussed also for the 50th anniversary.

--- End quote ---
What ill-fated album? They released a new album a couple of months ago called 'That's Why God Made The Radio'. It's great, it got good reviews and it was they best-selling albums since the mid 60s.

Joost:

--- Quote from: RICKENBACKER325 on September 28, 2012, 08:54:46 PM ---As four Mike Love He still gets my vote for MOST HATED, for a couple of reasons, suing Al for the "Beach boys family and friends" tour. Really did he have to such a controlling  D!CK!

--- End quote ---
I'm not Mike Love's biggest fan either, but I think he had the right to do that. He payed a lot of money for the exclusive right to use The Beach Boys' name, and Al simply didn't have the legal right to use it as well. I'll be the first to admit that Mike Love is an incredible dick sometimes, but sometimes it seems like absolutely everything that the guy does or says gets taken the wrong way. And that's not always fair. And after all, he was a very essential part of my favorite band of all time (it's hard to deny that it would've been the same band without him, especially during the early years), so at least I respect and admire him for that.

RICKENBACKER325:

--- Quote from: Joost on September 28, 2012, 09:00:39 PM ---What ill-fated album? They released a new album a couple of months ago called 'That's Why God Made The Radio'. It's great, it got good reviews and it was they best-selling albums since the mid 60s.

--- End quote ---
The farewell Beach boys album that Brian and the others had planned for after the tour.....straight from thier moutns not mine.

RICKENBACKER325:

--- Quote from: Joost on September 28, 2012, 09:06:09 PM ---I'm not Mike Love's biggest fan either, but I think he had the right to do that. He payed a lot of money for the exclusive right to use The Beach Boys' name, and Al simply didn't have the legal right to use it as well. I'll be the first to admit that Mike Love is an incredible dick sometimes, but sometimes it seems like absolutely everything that the guy does or says gets taken the wrong way. And that's not always fair. And after all, he was a very essential part of my favorite band of all time (it's hard to deny that it would've been the same band without him, especially during the early years), so at least I respect and admire him for that.

--- End quote ---
He is a gigantic PUTZ! He not been misubderstod....hes a dick! Its all about money, you said it yourself...he paid a lot of money......Never about music,the fans and certainly not what right for a fan appreciation of 50 years of following the band.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version