Solo forums > Paul McCartney

The beginnings of Paul McCartney's bass playing

<< < (46/47) > >>

Bobber:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on January 19, 2013, 01:22:14 AM ---The interview is in a 1964 issue of Beat Instrumental Monthly.  That narrows it down to issues 18 - 20 (October -December).

--- End quote ---

You see, I have my personnel to do my research.

Xose:

--- Quote from: Ken Wood on December 05, 2011, 04:01:15 PM ---Hi Xosé,
I figured you managed to identify the banjo in these photos (http://www.banjohangout.org/archive/168216). Great!
However in that forum you say the photos are from December 1960 - can you let me know how you did arrive at that date?
We (http://beatlesdaybyday.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=1420&t=6936) are currently trying to id this photo but never read a date for it.
Thanks!

Sorry everybody else if this question is taking the thread off topic for a moment!

--- End quote ---

Xosé

Bobber:
Interesting picture this.

Obviously taken around Christmas. This is The Cavern Club. Looking at Pauls hairstyle, this is not 1960 for The Beatles had not adopted the moptops by then. At Xmas 1962 they were in the Star Club, Hamburg. That leaves December 1961 as the most possible date. Unless John and Paul were there in 1963, not to have a gig, but joined in on some occasion. That sounds a bit unlikely to me however.

Xose:

--- Quote from: Bobber on March 22, 2013, 11:35:22 AM ---Interesting picture this.

Obviously taken around Christmas. This is The Cavern Club. Looking at Pauls hairstyle, this is not 1960 for The Beatles had not adopted the moptops by then. At Xmas 1962 they were in the Star Club, Hamburg. That leaves December 1961 as the most possible date. Unless John and Paul were there in 1963, not to have a gig, but joined in on some occasion. That sounds a bit unlikely to me however.

--- End quote ---

Thank you very much, Bobber!! ;)

So, we could say December 1961... Interesting...

Best!! ;)

Xosé

Bobber:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version