Beatles forums > Songs

'A Day In The Life' cello players

<< < (8/8)

Xose:
McCartney used the bow by those days. Brian Kehew - Kevin Ryan, Recording The Beatles, Houston, Curvebender, 2008, p. 394, a note in George Martin's hand for the 20 February session reads:

"...That Means a Lot
Track 1: George on Spanish acoustic
John on Fender
Drums + bass

Track 2: Paul bowing bass guitar
Ringo tom tom (w/echo)
And beginning only John on Fender..."

IMHO an orchestra was at Abbey Road (=probably Studio 1) by those days, but...., which one??

Xosé

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: Xose on February 17, 2011, 09:40:12 AM ---IMHO an orchestra was at Abbey Road (=probably Studio 1) by those days, but...., which one??

--- End quote ---

Xose, as I mentioned a couple of months ago in your "The beginnings of Paul McCartney's bass playing" thread, The George Martin Orchestra was recording this album at Abbey Road Studios at that time...

Xose:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on February 17, 2011, 09:22:35 PM ---Xose, as I mentioned a couple of months ago in your "The beginnings of Paul McCartney's bass playing" thread, The George Martin Orchestra was recording this album at Abbey Road Studios at that time...

--- End quote ---

Oh yes... I forgot... Sorry abo' tha'...  >:(

So, if George Martin Orchestra was recording that álbum at that time, then I should find who were the Double Bass players...

Thank you very much!!  ;)

Xosé

thoms:
The MU holds residuals for the next of kin of "Yesterday" cellist Francisco Gabarro.
We need to contact his son - P.A Gabarro I think - who seems to be in Elche, Spain according to earlier posts.
Any assistance would be appreciated.

Peter Thoms
Sessions Official
pt1@themu.org
MU HQ
60 — 62 Clapham Road
London SW9 0JJ

T    020 7840 5559

http://www.theMU.org

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page