(1/6) > >>

nyfan(41):
. . you probably shouldn't watch this as it may cement those feelings lol
-
THE TIME- 1972
THE PLACE - The Mike Douglas Show
THE EVENT - John Lennon gets to jam with his childhood idol: Chuck Berry
=
John is as nervous/happy as a little kid meeting mickey mantle....at first john and chuck fumble with the vocals a bit.....there's some tension in the meeting of these titans.... then... they get into it  ;yes ... it starts to take off ! and then >>>
 at 1:18 SOMETHING HAPPENS!

the look on chuck's face is priceless / john and chuck still deliver the goods ! :D
Chuck Berry & (John Lennon and Yoko Ono) - Memphis Tennessee

Ovi:

--- Quote from: nyfan(41) on December 14, 2010, 05:47:02 PM ---nsion in the meeting of these titans.... then... they get into it  ;yes ... it starts to take off ! and then >>>
 at 1:18 SOMETHING HAPPENS!

--- End quote ---

Damn! it's totally my fault that I did not read that. That Yoko scream scared me, dude!!! I thought it came from my kitchen......
Anyway, great video, Chuck's got the moves! and thanks for posting.  ;D

Joost:
Cool to see them jamming together. It's a bit of a shame that their vocals don't really blend well though. And couldn't somebody take that microphone away from Yoko after the first scream?

nyfan(41):
on this next song they played their voices really gel during the choruses
-
comparing this to the footage of keith richards and chuck berry is like day and night.
keith kind of backhandedly asks/tells/offers to play the "filler bits" (.... as if chuck doesn't know that's also known as LEAD GUITAR) on chuck's own song
and proceeds to mess it up many times in a row
-
keith adjusts chuck's amp and just.... messes everything up with his patronizing twitchy vibe . . that blows up in his face
--------------------
in this footage you see how great and genuine a musician/person john lennon was
-
-
-
and yes, i think someone turned off yoko's mike !
this rocks- go john and chuck GO !  ;D ;yes ;D
John Lennon & Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode

tkitna:
And people wonder why I hate Yoko. How can somebody sit there and honestly thought that her screaming added something to the song? I love my wife and she likes to sing, but I dont let her when i'm jamming with people. Theres a reason for it,,,she cant sing and she knows it. Somebody forgot (or was afraid) to tell Yoko.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version