A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE READ OUR FORUM RULES HERE

Author Topic: The Beatles - a musical appreciation and analysis - by composer, Howard Goodall  (Read 254 times)

nimrod

• A Thousand Pages

An enjoyable watch

Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Loco Mo

• A Beginning

party2:  Thank you for posting this, Nimrod. icon_king  It was very meaningful to me.  At first, I thought that Mr. Goodall was paying his greatest respects to Paul McCartney ??? for Eleanor Rigby, Hey Jude, Your mother should know, and Penny Lane.  But he also referenced  Lennon's For the Benefit of Mr. Kite, Tomorrow never knows, and especially, Strawberry Fields.  I will say that I also have a greater appreciation for Jealous Guy because of his analysis of it.  George Harrison was also given credit for his innovative use of eastern music in a way well ahead of its time.  These guys were not lightweight traditional composers but they did combine traditional and ancient styles of music with discordant avant-garde and other experimental music as well as with the contemporary popular music of their time.  It still amazes me  about all the chord changes  that were intuitively constructed by these non-schooled formally illiterate composers who sensed these complex elements and utilized them to create the soundscapes they heard mentally within their minds.  I appreciate them even more but mourn their end as well :'(.  No, I don’t think we’ll see the likes of these fabulous four again.  They are certainly a statistical rarity in the universe, I think.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 03:00:29 PM by Loco Mo »
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

Page created in 0.225 seconds with 27 queries.