A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Secret Santa CD's 2014  (Read 2729 times)

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
Re: Secret Santa CD's 2014
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2016, 09:55:19 PM »

OK, mine are finally on the wing. Fashionably late, of course. So happy...uh...Chinese New Year, I guess.

party2

Hey, we all were late for Russian Christmas too!
What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2016, 12:30:29 PM »

Not to mention Polish Epiphany.

:P

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2016, 12:43:08 AM »

Received Ibanez's CD's today and plan to spin them tonight on the computer while I'm work.  Thanks George.

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2016, 03:15:51 AM »

Received Ibanez's CD's today and plan to spin them tonight on the computer while I'm work.  Thanks George.

Enjoy!

I'm gonna send you a bill, Todd. ;D  I bought every album by Sugar Stems and now I'm starting to collect The Grip Weeds' albums. 

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2016, 05:33:13 AM »

I'm gonna send you a bill, Todd. ;D  I bought every album by Sugar Stems and now I'm starting to collect The Grip Weeds' albums.

ha2ha  Yeah, it happens.  I'm sure i'll be in the same boat soon enough.

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2016, 02:24:55 PM »

If anyone here didn't do the swap with tkitna, here is the song on his CD from Sugar Stems.  More hooks than a fisherman's tackle box.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2016, 12:31:12 AM »

I've had the chance to listen through Ibanez's CD's 3 or 4 times (had them on over in the garage today) and i'm enjoying the p*ss out of them.  My standouts-

"Wear You Out' - Buddy Guy and Billy Gibbons.  This will no doubt go down as a party favorite for my crew.  I cant wait to play them this gem.

'Search And Destroy' - Skunk Anansie.  This song is badass and my favorite so far.  Man it rocks.  Will look further into them.

'Never Did Me Wrong' - Rose Windows.  This one kind of blew my mind while listening to it at work last night on the headphones.  Another favorite.

I've been aware of the Temples (last years CD I believe) and i've sampled their stuff a few times with the intentions of buying their stuff, but I havent pulled the trigger yet.  Well i'm ready now and they will be my next purchase.  Good stuff. 

A few more listens will probably have me updating this list in the next few days.  Thanks George.  Awesome music.

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2016, 02:39:13 AM »

I've had the chance to listen through Ibanez's CD's 3 or 4 times (had them on over in the garage today) and i'm enjoying the p*ss out of them.  My standouts-

"Wear You Out' - Buddy Guy and Billy Gibbons.  This will no doubt go down as a party favorite for my crew.  I cant wait to play them this gem.

'Search And Destroy' - Skunk Anansie.  This song is badass and my favorite so far.  Man it rocks.  Will look further into them.

'Never Did Me Wrong' - Rose Windows.  This one kind of blew my mind while listening to it at work last night on the headphones.  Another favorite.

I've been aware of the Temples (last years CD I believe) and i've sampled their stuff a few times with the intentions of buying their stuff, but I havent pulled the trigger yet.  Well i'm ready now and they will be my next purchase.  Good stuff. 

A few more listens will probably have me updating this list in the next few days.  Thanks George.  Awesome music.

I'm glad you're enjoying the music, Todd.

Rose Windows is modern favorite of mine.  Sadly, they broke up after releasing 2 albums and 2 non-album singles.

Search and Destroy was the song used during the dragon scene in the movie Sucker Punch.  That's how I became aware of it.  It's a cover of an old Iggy Pop and The Stooges song.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 02:48:34 AM by ibanez_ax »

Bobber

• Administrator
  • Sun King
« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2016, 07:37:53 PM »

Burned the first CD today. Sorry it takes some time.

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2016, 08:19:13 PM »

Burned the first CD today. Sorry it takes some time.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/images/smilies/waiting.gif

Just kidding, Cor.  I'm not going anywhere.

Bobber

• Administrator
  • Sun King
« Reply #90 on: February 03, 2016, 08:26:38 PM »

I've been there a couple of times and realised that there is a difference between Beatles fans and Beatles obsessed fanatics.

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #91 on: February 03, 2016, 08:37:32 PM »

I've been there a couple of times and realised that there is a difference between Beatles fans and Beatles obsessed fanatics.

Yeah, some of those people are crazy.  There was a multiple page thread about the opening three words of "It's All Too Much".  I like some of the smileys.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • Sun King
« Reply #92 on: February 04, 2016, 05:50:41 AM »

Yeah, some of those people are crazy.  There was a multiple page thread about the opening three words of "It's All Too Much".  I like some of the smileys.

We have some crazy people on this forum too:  voice(s) heard at very start of "Its All Too Much"

:)
I can stay till it's time to go

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #93 on: February 06, 2016, 12:37:19 AM »

Just got Klangs CD in the mail.  There's a ton of songs on it.  I feel unworthy now.   ha2ha  Thanks Klang.  Will be checking it out tonight.

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #94 on: February 06, 2016, 02:21:49 AM »

Heh. Yea, please. Don't be overwhelmed by it all. Take it in chunks.

I started pulling files and ended up with over 200. Crazy. I had a hard time winnowing it down to a reasonable number of tracks.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy some of the songs. I think there's something in there for everyone.

Cheers!

:)
'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Page created in 1.124 seconds with 27 queries.