Beatles forums > Albums

Please Please Me album - whats your story ?

(1/3) > >>

Kangaroo Kev:
I had this thought that most people have a story of how they came about buying or even just hearing and album so it'd be interesting to hear everyone's..

When the fab 4 became famous in England I was 9 years old, so too young to be buying records  ;D especially as an LP in england was an expensive proposition then, I was dead lucky though as I had a brother 5 years older than me who was earning money from doing a newspaper round and helping out on a market, all whilst still at school, anyway he bought the first singles they did and played the relentlessly on our big radiogram, a huge piece of furniture that has one big 12" speaker and valve type amplifier......boy did I play those records when my brother was out  ha2ha
Needless to say I became a huge fan of them even at that age and I remember having a plastic Beatles guitar that I used to mime to the early records with, it turns out that buying the first album mustve even been a bridge too far for my brother as all we got was the 4 song EP (like a mini album) so I had to make do with that until a year or two later when my bro finally bought it  ha2ha..........Im sure that was after With The Beatles though!!

7 of 13:
yes. that's a nice, clean story nimrod, i take it you were living in england. i never have heard Please Please Me back to back, side to side, from one end to the other yet, though i do like the cover art. i have heard the album tracks one way or another, in fact some of my favorites are on there, and on some of those tracks johns singing is just magical.

AppleScruffy96:
My story is really simple lol I was just bored one day so I decided to look up The Beatles first album and I loved it :D so I went directly to the record store and bought the remastered album ^_^ it's still one of my alltime favorites...that's also how I became a Beatles fan  ;yes

Kangaroo Kev:

--- Quote from: 7 of 13 on March 31, 2011, 05:57:39 PM ---yes. that's a nice, clean story nimrod, i take it you were living in england. i never have heard Please Please Me back to back, side to side, from one end to the other yet, though i do like the cover art. i have heard the album tracks one way or another, in fact some of my favorites are on there, and on some of those tracks johns singing is just magical.

--- End quote ---

Yes I grew up in Manchester England, since then I have lived in LA, then Brisbane Australia (for 20 years).

Bobber:
Brisbane... I once danced in the rain with a Danish girl there. It was pouring. lol

Please Please Me is in my collection, so I probably bought it one day. Can't remember tho. I knew I already had Introducing The Beatles, which has an almost similar tracklist.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version