A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE READ OUR FORUM RULES HERE

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Harihead's Tangled Web  (Read 5781 times)

Bobber

• Administrator
  • Sun King
Re: Harihead's Tangled Web
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2009, 11:52:17 AM »

My deepest sympathies Marie. Hold on to yourself. All the best.

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2009, 01:54:10 PM »

Thank you for the beautiful words and support. I'm feeling a little better today. It's been a tough week.

Cheers.
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2009, 01:16:50 AM »

My deepest sympathies regarding your friend.   :'(  I'm so sorry his family didn't step up to help more, but he is really lucky to have such good friends.  You all are great people.  Take care of yourself.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2009, 03:31:25 PM »

Quote from: 551
Thank you all for your kind words. They were very comforting, and I've needed comfort.

My friend John passed away early Wednesday morning. The end came very quickly-- a fast fall during 48 hours. I'd seen him this weekend to bring him a little dinner and a silly gift. He was perfectly lucid, although sleepy. I had planned to visit Weds with another friend, and called as usual for my dinner instructions, only to learn from the woman staying there that he had passed quietly in his sleep the night before.

John was ready to go, but we weren't ready to lose him. We tied up the phone lines sharing thoughts and memories yesterday, but it's still hard. It's hard to lose another good person out of the world. I expect the next days will be busy as we try to sort through his affairs and plan a memorial service. His family has been useless-- only one cousin has stepped in to help, so his friends have been doing it all. Some of them have been his friends for over 30 years. That speaks well of the man, I think.

So the waiting is over, sooner than we'd expected. I only hope I show as much grace and kindness as John did during his final days.

Thanks to you all for your kind words of support.

sorry to hear about your loss, my deepest sympathy goes to you and your family. peace & love  :)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2009, 08:48:27 AM »

Just wanted to say hi!  I haven't seen you around in a bit.  Hope all is well.

*waves hello*

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2009, 03:11:41 PM »

yes, hope HariHead is ok, not seen her on here for some time.

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2011, 01:03:14 AM »

Hi, folks!

Dmitry's email warning me about the Forum shutdown prompted me to pop in. How is everyone doing?

I've had a number of changes since my last visit-- 2 different jobs as a contractor, but now I have stable work so that's a big relief. I just visited the Galapagos and Peru, and had a wonderful visit.

I look forward to popping in more often now that my life has settled down a little. I hope all is well with everyone. Best wishes.
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • Sun King
« Reply #87 on: June 17, 2011, 01:27:19 AM »

Hi there, Marie!  All's well here.  As you can see, there are many of us around you remember and some fine new members too.  

I hope you will indeed visit here more often.

Barry
I can stay till it's time to go

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2011, 04:11:11 AM »

Hi, Barry! Great to see you again. I do hope to pop in more often. It's taken me a while to get my breath back. The boys are a great way to relax. Cheers!

Bobber

• Administrator
  • Sun King
« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2011, 02:23:02 PM »

Hi, folks!

Dmitry's email warning me about the Forum shutdown prompted me to pop in. How is everyone doing?

I've had a number of changes since my last visit-- 2 different jobs as a contractor, but now I have stable work so that's a big relief. I just visited the Galapagos and Peru, and had a wonderful visit.

I look forward to popping in more often now that my life has settled down a little. I hope all is well with everyone. Best wishes.

Good to see you back Marie. You forgot to mention you work for me as well. LOL!

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2011, 01:32:59 AM »

Aw, it wasn't work, it was fun! I hope your business continues to go well. I'm enjoying my new job; it's a pleasure to be in a real R&D environment again. People are motivated and clever -- it's such a relief!

I have 2 rescue cats who I'm in the process of gentling. They're really coming along. All is calm on the homefront. It feels good.

See you around!

Bobber

• Administrator
  • Sun King
« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2011, 07:24:40 AM »

Fun? It was big business! ha2ha
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Page created in 0.769 seconds with 27 queries.