A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE READ OUR FORUM RULES HERE

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Happy Birthday America!  (Read 4623 times)

Normandie

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Happy Birthday America!
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2015, 03:48:20 PM »

I am always very impressed by kids in marching bands. It's hard work! I did it for a year and just wasn't very good at it.

I am one of those people who can't walk and chew gum at the same time, so I'd probably be terrible at it! Fortunately, my high school did not have a marching band, so I never had to try.

Just found this clip of my daughters' marching band from last year. They are not nearly as polished as the band in the clip Barry posted (not even close), but thought I'd share it anyway. After 30 seconds, they actually DO start marching.  ;)

In My Life

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2015, 12:58:12 AM »

Just found this clip of my daughters' marching band from last year. They are not nearly as polished as the band in the clip Barry posted (not even close), but thought I'd share it anyway. After 30 seconds, they actually DO start marching.  ;)

They look sharp Kathy! I love their uniforms.
Kelley

In my life I've loved them all

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2015, 11:04:01 AM »

Uniform? That's how I dress daily.

:P

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

Normandie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2015, 04:32:30 PM »

They look sharp Kathy! I love their uniforms.

Aw, thanks; I think they look pretty good, too! It's ironic that you mentioned the uniforms; I detest them! That's mostly because just the sight of the uniform yanks me back to a horrible trip to Colonial Williamsburg back when I was about 10. The family had gone to Virginia Beach for a week. My sister and I got horrible (think lobster-hued) sunburns the first day because we'd applied sunscreen only once in the morning and then spent the entire day in the pool. (This was back in the late 70s.) Do you think my parents would have just let us rest inside the next day? Noooo...they took us to Williamsburg in 90-degree heat and marched us around the entire day. I ended up in the ER with sun poisoning.

Wild horses could never drag me back to Colonial Williamsburg!

So, I see those band uniforms and cringe, LOL. Everyone else in town loves them, too; I'm the lone standout.  ;D

In My Life

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2015, 04:54:01 PM »

Wild horses could never drag me back to Colonial Williamsburg!

So, I see those band uniforms and cringe, LOL. Everyone else in town loves them, too; I'm the lone standout.  ;D

You have a right to detest anything that reminds you of that! It was very hot when I went there around the same time that you did but I didn't get burned. I did that in Florida in 1977. I spent the next day inside with my older cousin for company. It was actually quite fun to get to know her better. Her younger sister and I are just three months apart and we were always inseparable and prone to excluding the older ones. I'm sure they didn't mind much though!
Kelley

In my life I've loved them all
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.552 seconds with 27 queries.