Beatles forums > Songs

Songs under a microscope.......Baby Your A Rich Man

<< < (2/8) > >>

tkitna:
I always heard he played an oboe on this song, but after looking on the internet, there's no credible sites that I would trust to post. Wiki and a few others say the samething, but again, nothing i'd put my name behind so your probably right. Lewisohn would know better than anybody.

Bobber:

--- Quote from: Bobber on July 28, 2011, 06:16:52 AM ---I have always found this b-side much more interesting than its a-side. I'll try to dig up some more about the strange sond effect.

--- End quote ---

Indeed clavioline. They wanted to make it sound like an Arabian flute.

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar:
I've always liked this one. The first time I listened to it was in the Yellow Submarine movie, just the first lines, and from that moment I was interested in this song. It will never be considered as one of the best Beatles songs, but it's still a very fun recording to listen to.

Kangaroo Kev:

--- Quote from: tkitna on July 28, 2011, 04:59:34 AM ---Excellent review too Kevin. This will be some good stuff.

--- End quote ---

Thank you Todd  ;)

Ged:
One of my faves. Beatles songs with a bit more going on in them rather than the basic instrumentation of the early years always interests me, especially the more unusual instruments in the likes of this, Strawberry fields, It's all too much, Walrus etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version