A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Beatles Metal Printing Plate  (Read 721 times)

vailmij

• One And One Is Two
Beatles Metal Printing Plate
« on: August 25, 2011, 03:55:51 PM »

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but I hope I can offer you guys something you'll find interesting.

My father happened to stumble upon a Beatles metal printing plate... and to tell you the truth, I don't know much about it.

So, if you guys have any information at all about it, it would be very interesting to discuss it with you guys.

One thing that I'm really curious about is for what the picture it created was used for? Or even about which years it was used?

Any feedback at all would be fun to talk about! Thanks!

In My Life

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
Re: Beatles Metal Printing Plate
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 06:05:32 PM »

Quote from: One thing that I'm really curious about is for what the picture it created was used for? Or even about which years it was used?

Hi vailmij. Welcome to the forums! That image would be a different shot of this well-known pose below. I don't have an exact year but it's probably 1962 or '63. I'm sure someone else here will have more information about this photo shoot.

This Rutles, a band which was a parody of The Beatles used this pose too but that's a whole different story.  ;D

« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 08:24:27 AM by Bobber »
Kelley

In my life I've loved them all

vailmij

• One And One Is Two
Re: Beatles Metal Printing Plate
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 12:39:48 AM »

Hey! Thank you so much for that information. That's absolutely amazing how closely the pictures resemble eachother!

I'm going to put this up on eBay for a Beatles fan who will truly appreciate it. Thanks again!

Page created in 4.755 seconds with 26 queries.