Other forums > Selling, Buying, Exchanging

Beatles Autographed Postcard - Is this real or fake?!?!

<< < (4/4)

peterbell1:
Not really related, but I came across some pictures from the same photoshoot - obviously taken in Paris in early '64 ...

cantabman1:
Wow! these must have been  part of a series taken that day as they are standing in different postions.

peterbell1:
The card shown in the original post is obviously professionally produced as you can see that the background has been erased to just leave the Beatles in the picture. It is strange, though, that there is no text on the reverse side of the card - if it was an EMI/Parlophone or Beatles Fanclub promo card you would expect that to be written somewhere, and if it was sold as a postcard then you'd expect the usual stuff you get on the back of a postcard - a place for the address and postage stamp etc.
So I wonder if it is an unofficial product which was made available to fans during the 1964 tours of Asia and the US?

Cantabman1 - can you post a picture of your own card so we can compare them?

cantabman1:
I have already tried to post a pic, and after reducing its size the site will still not except it.
My postcard was sent within New Zealand and has a stamp on it with a small letter, but not from The Beatles.The picture is exactly the same as the first one on this thread.

Bobber:

--- Quote from: cantabman1 on October 09, 2012, 07:46:15 PM ---I have already tried to post a pic, and after reducing its size the site will still not except it.
My postcard was sent within New Zealand and has a stamp on it with a small letter, but not from The Beatles.The picture is exactly the same as the first one on this thread.

--- End quote ---

Tutorial on how to post pictures here: http://www.dmbeatles.com/forums/index.php?topic=7946.0

Having just 3 posts it is not possibly to post pictures as an attachment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version