A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Thank you!

Author Topic: Museum of Liverpool Beatles jigsaw finally complete thanks to sharp-eyed visitor  (Read 387 times)

• A Thousand Pages

Liverpool Daily Post
September 16, 2011
Museum of Liverpool Beatles jigsaw finally complete thanks to sharp-eyed visitor

AN EAGLE-eyed visitor to the Museum of Liverpool has helped put the final touches to a special exhibition piece.An original 800 piece jigsaw of a cartoon featuring The Beatles was donated to National Museums Liverpool in 2009 but was put on display with one piece missing from its centre.Ian Walker, a fan of the Fab Four, recognised the jigsaw as one he’d been bought as a child and spotted that it was incomplete.Holding the missing piece to the puzzle Ian was more than happy to hand over his jigsaw segment.He said: “I was given the same jigsaw as a gift from my aunt, and although a few pieces have been lost over the years, I kept it and stored it away with other childhood mementoes.” The Beatles’ hits were the first songs I played while learning the guitar, so as a fan seeing the incomplete jigsaw I wanted to help."

« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 12:29:34 AM by peregrine9 »
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon

Page created in 0.283 seconds with 28 queries.