Beatles forums > Albums

The White Album

<< < (7/10) > >>

In My Life:

--- Quote from: Normandie on August 24, 2013, 04:15:13 PM ---LOL that would scare the heck out of me!  ha2ha

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that or the end of "Long, Long, Long". Gotta watch that White Album!

Dcazz:

--- Quote from: In My Life on August 24, 2013, 09:42:51 PM ---Yeah, that or the end of "Long, Long, Long". Gotta watch that White Album!

--- End quote ---
Makes me want to try a bottle of Blue Nun!

Moogmodule:

--- Quote from: In My Life on August 24, 2013, 09:42:51 PM ---Yeah, that or the end of "Long, Long, Long". Gotta watch that White Album!

--- End quote ---

I think Revolution 9 is one of those few aural soundscapes that does work. It paints an eerie picture (especially when you tie in the whole Paul death theme). But it's to music what a performance art video is to cinema. It's not something you put on to listen to casually.

Does anyone know why Long Long Long was recorded in such a subdued manner. It's a quite nice gentle song with a good middle 8. But it's barely listenable with the voice so far back.

I think it's right that overall there's too many good cuts for a solo album. But there is stuff I could live without. (Rocky Racoon, piggies, why don't we do it in the road). Still not too many good Beatles tuned went to waste. If George Martin had locked them all in the basement and released the album like he wanted I'm sure the surplus good tunes would have found their way into a later project.

Dcazz:
I've been listening to sides 3 and 4 all week in my truck. I must admit I've skipped #9 and Goodnight every time!
I think Georges voice works really well down low. I also read the rattle at the end was a bottle of Blue Nun wine that was on the organ and when they hit the final notes it rattled right across the top of it. They decided to keep it in the mix. One of those interesting Beatle accidents

In My Life:

--- Quote from: Dcazz on December 23, 2013, 03:00:26 AM ---I also read the rattle at the end was a bottle of Blue Nun wine that was on the organ and when they hit the final notes it rattled right across the top of it. They decided to keep it in the mix. One of those interesting Beatle accidents

--- End quote ---

And here I thought it was a ghost!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version