A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Thank you!

Author Topic: Why George Harrison Was Known as the Spiritual Beatle  (Read 280 times)

• A Thousand Pages
Why George Harrison Was Known as the Spiritual Beatle
« on: November 12, 2011, 06:27:43 AM »

Huffington Post
November 10, 2011
Why George Harrison Was Known as the Spiritual Beatle

The Beatles exist apart from my self. I am not really Beatle George. Beatle George is like a suit or shirt that I once wore on occasion, and until the end of my life people may see that shirt and mistake it for me." -- George Harrison.I was working as a musician in the 1970s, and very late one night during a recording session at Capitol Records, George Harrison just sort of wandered in and sat down to listen. Since he knew the producer of the session, he decided to stay for a "few minutes." We all sat and talked, drank a few beers, and sang background harmonies together... for the better part of five hours. I can report to you that the above quote depicts exactly how he showed up that evening. He was not wearing his Beatles identity, he was just a guy named George, hanging out like a kid with some of his buddies in a garage band.

Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon

Page created in 0.341 seconds with 29 queries.