Other forums > Different Conversations

Books

<< < (26/38) > >>

Normandie:

Thanks, Kelley! Love that title.   ;)    I've read a couple of Beth Harbison's books and like them, so I will definitely look for that one. I need to replenish my summer reading pile.

Normandie:

It's National Book Lovers Day in the States (although there seems to be a "national day" for literally everything.......).

I found the following gallery amusing. I've ALWAYS loved that library in Disney's Beauty and the Beast. Bliss!

http://now.msn.com/national-book-lovers-day-signs-you-love-books-too-much

nimrod:
The Secret Of Crickley Hall - James Herbert

IMO James was the best British writer of the supernatural, sadly he died not long ago. Ive read most of his books and find once you start you cant put them down, This is a ghost story, Im not ususally a great fan of hauntings type things but as its him I thought Id give him a go, Its brilliant of course :)
Also recommend 'Moon' by the same author, in fact.....all of them ;)

Normandie:

I somehow missed that last post. I will have to see if I can find any James Herbert books at the library -- they sound good. I love ghost stories. 

I'm reading Shoe Addicts Anonymous by Beth Harbison (I've been keeping an eye out for her new one that you mentioned, Kelley!). That plus the second installment, Secrets of a Shoe Addict, have had me literally laughing out loud -- to the point where my kids have wanted to know what was so funny.

I love escapist, "fluffy" fiction sometimes, as a reprieve from the scholarly editing I do and the stress of day-to-day life.

In My Life:

--- Quote from: Normandie on August 31, 2013, 05:45:18 PM ---I love escapist, "fluffy" fiction sometimes, as a reprieve from the scholarly editing I do and the stress of day-to-day life.
--- End quote ---

There's nothing wrong with that! I'm reading the latest "Miss Julia" book, by Ann B. Ross. They are so funny! Miss Julia is a rather proper Southern lady. She discovers in the first book that her recently deceased but not mourned husband had a small son when the son and his mother show up at her door. She rises above the ramifications of that shock, taking care of them both. "Miss Julia Stir Up Trouble" is number 14 in the series but I still find them hilarious.

I'll have to get back into the Beth Harbison books. So many books, so little time!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version