A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: St. Beatles Cathedral  (Read 1949 times)

I am the Paulrus

• Getting Better
    • FAB 4 FORUM
St. Beatles Cathedral
« on: December 12, 2011, 07:08:32 PM »

St. Beatles Cathedral

Does anyone know if this was in an episode of The Simpsons or Futurama? I stumbled across it in a photo album on a FB Beatles group. Thanks.
GEMM is your best source for impossible-to-find !

Normandie

• A Thousand Pages
Re: St. Beatles Cathedral
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 08:24:38 PM »

Hmmm, sorry, I can't help much! I would guess from the strange plant-looking things that it might be from Futurama?

Great pic, though!  :D
~ A beach is a place where a man can feel / He's the only soul in the world that's real ~

I am the Paulrus

• Getting Better
    • FAB 4 FORUM
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 05:25:27 AM »

Haha! I just noticed the Dalek constable wearing a bobby hat at the foot of the front steps of the cathedral!

In My Life

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 05:46:45 AM »

I'm betting on Futurama too but I can't prove it despite my best googling efforts. I did learn this though:

"1959: Delicia Resonet Futurama, solid-body electric – colour: red sunburst – used on Scotland tour in 1960 and then Hamburg - played on recording, ‘Cry for a Shadow’. " http://foz.hubpages.com/hub/The-Beatles-George-Harrisons-Guitars

;D
Kelley

In my life I've loved them all

I am the Paulrus

• Getting Better
    • FAB 4 FORUM
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 06:41:21 PM »

Turns out it was from the Dec. 11 Christmas episode of The Simpsons called "Holidays of Future Passed" where they time travel 30 years into the future. I noticed on the sides of the cathedral I see Lady Madonna, Hey Jude, Father McKenzie, Mother Mary carved into the walls from what I can make out. The address is 99. The clock says 9:10. Could that be referencing John's birthdate of Oct. 9? Or if it's  referring to "One After 909"?

In My Life

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 06:58:10 PM »

Turns out it was from the Dec. 11 Christmas episode of The Simpsons called "Holidays of Future Passed" where they time travel 30 years into the future. I noticed on the sides of the cathedral I see Lady Madonna, Hey Jude, Father McKenzie, Mother Mary carved into the walls from what I can make out. The address is 99. The clock says 9:10. Could that be referencing John's birthdate of Oct. 9? Or if it's  referring to "One After 909"?

Ah! Mystery solved. I was so sure it was Futurama that I didn't even google The Simpsons. There sure is a lot to see in this cartoon. Nine was a very significant number for John so I'm sure that is why it's on there.
Kelley

In my life I've loved them all

Page created in 0.865 seconds with 27 queries.