Beatles forums > Beatle Playtime: Games and Trivia

Trivia...four deaths....

<< < (2/6) > >>

Joost:

--- Quote from: Bobber on January 25, 2012, 10:55:19 AM ---Stuarts death had nothing to do with his membership of The Beatles.

--- End quote ---

Besides, the question was "deaths to the Beatles small inner circle can be at least partly attributed to the group's success", and he died before they even became successful.

Nada Surf:
You guys are good...Lennon, Epstein, Mal Evans and Sutcliffe.
Sutcliffe's death had everything to do with the Beatles as they were popular enough to be beaten up by jealous guys.
Had they been a lousy band that nobody went to see, he'd have lived.

Bobber:

--- Quote from: Nada Surf on January 25, 2012, 06:30:11 PM ---Sutcliffe's death had everything to do with the Beatles as they were popular enough to be beaten up by jealous guys.

--- End quote ---

Oh come on, that is identified as a myth since long. The injuries that Stu had after that night with that fight, were NOT the cause of his death a few years later.
Read this: http://www.dmbeatles.com/forums/index.php?topic=6628.msg258837#msg258837

Nada Surf:
I don't know why I was directed to Lennon causing Sutcliffe's death, but as far as I know, Sutcliffe's death was caused by a blow to the head and has been written that way many times of late, including Lewisohn...
I never said Lennon caused Sutclifffe's death. I read it was a gang that caught him after a show.
Lennon was capable of killing someone, but I wasn't insinuating he did it.
Interesting stuff, though.

Bobber:
There's been a lot on myths. Stu could have been hit on the head by a gang after a show and it probably happened. But, as has been pointed out, this could not have been the cause of Stu's death. Of course, the story is much more interesting if this fight would have led to Stu's death. It's much more rock and roll to die because of a fight than of a stupid weak vein.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version