Other music forums > Various Artists, Lyrics, Discographies

the 2nd greatest band ever was.....

(1/6) > >>

nimrod:
The Stones ?

well thats what people think, but how great were the Stones ? were they far behind the Beatles in terms of awesomeness ? how good are they compared to the fab 4 ?

Do their albums measure up ?

Ovi:
The Stones are a great band and I respect them for what they were : talented musicians with a big influence.
Their live shows are always a pleasure to watch (well, except maybe for few mid 70's ones with Mick being way too stoned), but otherwise, to me, they are simply not in the same league as The Beatles. There are quite many bands that I prefer over The Stones. Simply because I don't find myself listening to them as often and because their music never impressed me as much as other's.

As I said before, I respect them and I acknowledge their influence, but to me, their music is just not as good as The Beatles'.

blmeanie:
I like the stones, plenty of good songs to like.  Awesome into's to songs, best ever IMO.  From the intro though many Stones songs go into that ultra-repetitive mode too quickly. 

I'd vote for someone like U2 equal to or above the Stones.  Obviously not around as long and don't have the volume of work but for sheer "goodness" of work.

Ovi:

--- Quote from: blmeanie on May 05, 2012, 12:35:16 PM ---I like the stones, plenty of good songs to like.  Awesome into's to songs, best ever IMO.  From the intro though many Stones songs go into that ultra-repetitive mode too quickly. 

I'd vote for someone like U2 equal to or above the Stones.  Obviously not around as long and don't have the volume of work but for sheer "goodness" of work.

--- End quote ---

I certainly wouldn't put U2 in the same league as the Stones in terms of musical influence and historical relevance.

tkitna:
Led Zeppelin

I love the Stones, but way too much filler in that catalog to rate them 2nd.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version