Other music forums > Various Artists, Lyrics, Discographies

King Crimson

<< < (3/4) > >>

Ovi:
Thoughts on 'Lizard'? I was hugely disappointed by it, I think they were trying too hard. Classic example of pretentious progressive rock abandoning  good musical ideas in favour of grandiosity and complexity. There's too many musical ideas/melodies/sections all stacked into each song, and few of them are really memorable. 'Cirkus', 'Indoor Games' and the title track have their fair share of good moments, 'Lady In The Dancing Water' is all right, if a bit forgettable (nowhere near as good as the majestic I Talk To The Wind), but in the end, 'Prince Rupert Awakes' is the only song that I care about and enjoy from start to finish (great vocals by guest Jon Anderson and memorable melody). 'Happy Family' is unlistenable. I also don't really like Haskell's voice in general.

Kaleidoscope_Eyes:
Epitaph, Starless, Fallen Angel, Court of the c K and I talk to the Wind are my favourites.

Oh, there was also this short song called..... I dont remember. I have a memory of this song and I believe it is King Crimson... Something about a woman who lives alone and there is a mention of a tree? I think this song is in two parts, and the names are in two seasons?

I also wrote a poem to someone based on this song....!

Any ideas what I'm on about?

Kaleidoscope_Eyes:

--- Quote from: Kaleidoscope_Eyes on September 23, 2013, 09:03:46 AM ---Epitaph, Starless, Fallen Angel, Court of the c K and I talk to the Wind are my favourites.

Oh, there was also this short song called..... I dont remember. I have a memory of this song and I believe it is King Crimson... Something about a woman who lives alone and there is a mention of a tree? I think this song is in two parts, and the names are in two seasons?

I also wrote a poem to someone based on this song....!

Any ideas what I'm on about?

--- End quote ---
Ohhhhhh!!!!! I found it!!! It is Inner Garden I and II :) :) Woot Woot!!!!!!

Thrak is another good album as it contains the song that got me into KC which is One Time.

Dcazz:

--- Quote from: Kaleidoscope_Eyes on September 23, 2013, 09:17:18 AM ---Ohhhhhh!!!!! I found it!!! It is Inner Garden I and II :) :) Woot Woot!!!!!!

Thrak is another good album as it contains the song that got me into KC which is One Time.

--- End quote ---
I listened to The Court of the Crimson King this AM. It was good. I hadn't heard them in years.

Klang:

I read today that Fripp has announced KC will be working in 2014. Tony Levin on board. More later.

:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version