Other music forums > Various Artists, Lyrics, Discographies

Bands that made only one album (one shot bands)

<< < (3/3)

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar:
I've found Midnight Circus and listened to it two times. I really liked it. At places the music style somehow reminds me to the Who's Tommy. And the flutes of the last songs give them a South American feeling; they remind me to this song:

Arco Iris - Sudamérica

Sir John Johns:
The La's

nimrod:

--- Quote from: Hombre_de_ningun_lugar on August 22, 2012, 02:22:57 AM ---I've found Midnight Circus and listened to it two times. I really liked it. At places the music style somehow reminds me to the Who's Tommy. And the flutes of the last songs give them a South American feeling; they remind me to this song:

Arco Iris - Sudamérica

--- End quote ---

Ah yes Hombre one of my favourite Argentinian bands the great Arco Iris, that track is from their Manana Campestre album and yes I can see the similarities to Midnight Circus, they made some great albums (my favourite being Los elementales) but I believe they now are more new age and mellow jazz direction.

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar:

--- Quote from: nimrod on August 23, 2012, 10:58:19 PM ---Ah yes Hombre one of my favourite Argentinian bands the great Arco Iris, that track is from their Manana Campestre album and yes I can see the similarities to Midnight Circus, they made some great albums (my favourite being Los elementales) but I believe they now are more new age and mellow jazz direction.

--- End quote ---

Mañana campestre by Arco Iris is actually a brief compilation album released in 1979 with some of their best known songs and including several non-album singles. The collection certainly includes the song "Sudamérica", but the track was originally released in the concept album Sudamérica o el regreso a la Aurora in 1972. Mañana campestre has a nice album cover, by the way:

About the album Los elementales, I know it was made after Gustavo Santaolalla left the group, but I haven't listened to it. I'm more familiar to their classic period (1969-1974), when they were leadered by Santaolalla.

Joost:

--- Quote from: tkitna on August 17, 2012, 09:54:05 AM ---Well sh*t, like Joost posted, Epic has another album called 'Black Hole Vertigo' (which i'm ordering now) so my addition is bogus.

--- End quote ---

Apparently, Michael Gagliano (the guy behind Epic/The Sails) is currently starring in a Beatles theatre show:

http://www.letitbelondon.com/
http://www.letitbelondon.com/cast/michael-gagliano/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version