Beatles forums > Albums

Let It Be Album

(1/5) > >>

BeatlesandBud:
I'm sure this has been covered before and I apologize in advance but anyways I just wanted to talk about the Let it Be album. I actually just got acess to the entire album a couple of days ago. Expectations exceeded by a million miles. Total ecstacy of the ears mind and soul while this album is playing to me. Definitely a candidate for the most amazing 35 minutes of music cheer1 cheer1 Anywyas I was just wondering why it is mixed in with all the "filler" , the talking between tracks, etc. To me it sounds kinda unprofessional. Does anyone know what they were going for here ?

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: BeatlesandBud on August 27, 2012, 06:10:51 PM ---Anywyas I was just wondering why it is mixed in with all the "filler" , the talking between tracks, etc. To me it sounds kinda unprofessional. Does anyone know what they were going for here ?

--- End quote ---

Live atmosphere.  That's what I always thought.

Klang:
For a certain period of time it was my fave The Beatles album - around the time it was released. Just as you heard it. Produced by Phil Spector rather than their usual producer, George Martin, it features Spector's trademark style.

It was intended to compliment the LIB film, so the banter may be just what you say - a way of giving it a live, off-the-cuff feel.

The 'Naked' version is available, and you should give that a listen. None of that 'filler' you mentioned.

Glad you like it.

:)

BeatlesandBud:
Thanks for the feedback guys! I'm still definitely a Beatles "noob" and I am learning and finding new songs all the time (although new songs are becoming harder to find ;D) . Anyways while I was looking into it some more I found this little gem from John, "He was given the sh*ttiest load of badly recorded sh*t with a lousy feeling to it ever, and he made something of it... When I heard it, I didn't puke." It gives me the impression that he wasn't really satisfied with his work with the Beatles. Very ironic considering I feel it is some of the most amazing music ever made. He repeats this sentiment. If I am correct he referred to And your bird can sing as "a bunch of sh*t I wrote" ... geez John show some confidence in your work !!! Ok I'm off to listen to Let it Be ... Naked !!

Kangaroo Kev:
http://www.dmbeatles.com/forums/index.php?topic=11737.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version