Beatles forums > Albums

The Beatles Stereo Vinyl Box Set

<< < (16/17) > >>

ibanez_ax:
From amazon.co.uk on Beatles vinyl box set page:

"Item Under Review

This product is not currently offered by Amazon.co.uk because a customer recently told us that the item he or she received was not as described.

We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you may still find this product available from other sellers on this page."

Mine is in transit, makes me wonder what's going on.

In My Life:

--- Quote from: ibanez_ax on November 24, 2012, 03:30:34 PM ---From amazon.co.uk on Beatles vinyl box set page:

"Item Under Review

This product is not currently offered by Amazon.co.uk because a customer recently told us that the item he or she received was not as described.

We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you may still find this product available from other sellers on this page."

Mine is in transit, makes me wonder what's going on.

--- End quote ---

Oh no.

ibanez_ax:

--- Quote from: In My Life on November 24, 2012, 06:50:44 PM ---Oh no.

--- End quote ---

I did some digging.  This might have to do with complaints about packaging.  My U.S. set was packed well, the contents were in perfect condition.  I'll just have to wait and see how the E.U. is.

Sir John Johns:
No such issues so far - only two I haven't played are The White Album & Let It Be. If either of those turn out to be dudz I will just re-buy them individually.

Makes me wonder what happened at Amazon. I wonder if they did like a lot of big box stores do, which is send out returns to another customer in the hope that that customer will not return theirs.

This box set has re-ignited my love of vinyl - I love the whole process of sitting down and actually listening to records, keeping the stylus and records clean [treating them with love], rather than having music as background noise.

--- Quote from: ibanez_ax on November 23, 2012, 03:31:57 AM ---The consensus seems to be that the noisy pressings begin with Revolver through Past Masters.  That was the case with me.  The older releases were better.

I hope all your pressings are good. I had to lug that thing to the UPS store yesterday.

--- End quote ---

ibanez_ax:
My E.U. set came today.  The outer Amazon box looked like the dog ate it.  The inside cardboard box was fine and the actual box set is fine, including the outer slipcase.

None of the discs are warped, thank goodness.  Some poor soul over on the Steve Hoffman forums said he went through 2 E.U. sets and had 5 warped discs on each one!

I listened to Sgt. Pepper's since a lot of folks said there was a lot of distortion on side one.  I heard no distortion and I heard nothing else except the music!  This is a very quiet disc!

I listened to Abbey Road; again no audio problems and a quiet pressing.

I'm listening to side three of Past Masters right now and all I hear is the music!

A lot of peopled complained of boomy bass on the U.S. pressings; I hear natural bass on these.

So far so good!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version