Solo forums > George Harrison

George & Paul's relationship after The Beatles

<< < (2/9) > >>

nonemoreblack:
I actually think George had a much better relationship with Paul than he did with John. I'm sure he got annoyed with him and felt bitter about how bossy he could be, but Paul was also the only one who George told about his mother's brain tumor. They were like brothers, so I think George felt more comfortable publicly criticizing Paul, whereas with John he never really knew where he stood with him. John was a pretty sh*tty friend to George and constantly put him down, but despite that George hero-worshipped him for a long time.

Also, he mentioned John several times in his book, moreso than anyone else, actually.

Bobber:

--- Quote from: nimrod on October 06, 2012, 12:11:55 AM ---It came out on the Let It Be film, George grew very frustrated with Paul..

in the movie he says "I'll play whatever it is you want me to play or I wont play at all, whatever makes you happy..'

--- End quote ---

Things like these happen in every band that is together for a longer time. I believe through the years, this remark has been blown out of proportion way too much. It's no big deal really.

nimrod:

--- Quote from: nonemoreblack on December 18, 2012, 07:58:14 AM ---I actually think George had a much better relationship with Paul than he did with John. I'm sure he got annoyed with him and felt bitter about how bossy he could be, but Paul was also the only one who George told about his mother's brain tumor. They were like brothers, so I think George felt more comfortable publicly criticizing Paul, whereas with John he never really knew where he stood with him. John was a pretty sh*tty friend to George and constantly put him down, but despite that George hero-worshipped him for a long time.

Also, he mentioned John several times in his book, moreso than anyone else, actually.

--- End quote ---

he mustve thought George was ok as he asked him to play lead guitar on most of the Imagine album

I suppose a lot depends on whose book you read or who's version of events you listen too

Hello Goodbye:
Whew!  You're still there, Kev.  What a relief!!

nimrod:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on December 22, 2012, 02:32:53 AM ---Whew!  You're still there, Kev.  What a relief!!

--- End quote ---

haha

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version