A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE READ OUR FORUM RULES HERE

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: What was Ringo's best drumming  (Read 13209 times)

BLEEN

• One And One Is Two
Re: What was Ringo's best drumming
« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2013, 05:32:34 PM »

Hey tkitna, thank you for the welcome! This is a great forum, I really enjoy it.

Paul was the best at his particular instrument though. Ringo had his own style and was great, but Paul was so innovative on the bass at the time, that many top players (Jamerson, etc,,,) were influenced.

I would venture to say just as many great drummers have been influenced by Ringo, including Phil Collins, Max Weinberg, Jim Keltner and many others. Of course, the matter of 'best' among The Beatles is purely a matter of opinion on my part. I certainly think Paul is one of the best bassists ever, and would definitely rank him second on his particular instrument after Ringo!

Yeah, Purdies great and a legendary player, but he's a legendary bag of air too.

LOL no doubt about that. I just thought it interesting that he believes himself to be one of the greats, and yet tries to convince people that's HIM playing on those recordings, when we all know it's Ringo! He must think very highly indeed of Ringo's playing.
The Greatest Band Of All Time

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Page created in 0.377 seconds with 27 queries.