Beatles forums > Polls

Poll: Which Is Your Favorite Version Of Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da?

<< < (4/5) > >>

Jema:
I voted for the released version, but to be honest, Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da has never really been one of my favorites roll:)

DizzymissLizzy909:
I've never been the biggest fan of Ob la di, ob la da either, (although I'd vote for the released version if I had to choose one over the other), BUT when I saw Macca perform a few weeks ago, I just LOVED when he played it live! He really rocked it, all 16 000 of us were singing along. Way catchier than I've ever heard!

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: Jema on December 10, 2012, 08:02:08 PM ---...to be honest, Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da has never really been one of my favorites roll:)

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: DizzymissLizzy909 on December 13, 2012, 05:46:05 PM ---I've never been the biggest fan of Ob la di, ob la da either...
--- End quote ---

Well, if you want some fun, take Ob-la-di-bla-da.  Then you'll like the song.  ;)

Dcazz:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on November 25, 2012, 06:03:25 AM ---

;D

--- End quote ---
Serves him right! The kid he pushes in the pond put the bird up to it!

Mr Mustard:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on December 16, 2012, 02:33:10 AM ---
Well, if you want some fun, take Ob-la-di-bla-da.  Then you'll like the song.  ;)

--- End quote ---

Wasn't it Paul's brother who told us to try "Medicinal Compound" around about the same time? Now that was supposed to work wonders!!  :laugh:

I voted for Take 5. It has a warmth befitting such a lightweight, whimsical track, and Paul sounds loose and relaxed. Utterly charming reggae rhythm and nice tongue-in-cheek harmonies too.

The released version is swamped by those strident drums and over aggressive sound effects like choppy pianos and loud, forced laughter. The mix is too "busy" and pugnacious for such a gentle track, leaving Paul vocally fighting against the overwhelming mish-mash of noise around him by the end.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version