Beatles forums > Songs

Song Of The Week - Paperback Writer

<< < (5/10) > >>

Dcazz:
Is that really Paul playing the lead intro? If it is bummer, no wonder George didn't want to be in the band anymore. I still like the song but wish Paul had more charity twords his freind George.
I remember one thing fans didn't like back in 66 was the echo effects on the vocal. They thought it was gimmicky!

In My Life:
Although I always knew this song it wasn't until I saw the promos on YouTube that I fell in love with it. Then I finally heard the frère jacques lines and that really did it! There's just so much going on in it with the vocals and the great bass line. And I agree; it begs to be turned up!

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: In My Life on January 07, 2013, 06:29:26 AM ---Although I always knew this song it wasn't until I saw the promos on YouTube that I fell in love with it. Then I finally heard the frère jacques lines and that really did it!

--- End quote ---

Frère Jacques!

The Beatles - Paperback Writer (Vocals Only)

In My Life:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on January 07, 2013, 06:50:28 AM ---Frère Jacques!

--- End quote ---

Sounds like someone came in a little early, @1:50, LOL. I listened to this several times, willing my brain not to fill in the spaces but it never worked! It's fun to listen to these.

Dcazz:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on January 07, 2013, 06:50:28 AM ---Frère Jacques!

--- End quote ---
Very cool~ Did you noticed Pauls swollen mout  and broken teeth? I think it was a motor bike accident. Also, at about 1:50 I think I hear a false early start from Paul.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version