Beatles forums > Songs

Song Of The Week - THE FOOL ON THE HILL

<< < (5/8) > >>

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: Hombre_de_ningun_lugar on February 13, 2013, 05:27:15 AM ---I don't know if I'm using the substantive "till" correctly, but it would have been a clear clue. ;)

--- End quote ---

The Fool On The Cash Register?  Yeah, I can see that.  He sold his songs to Michael Jackson.  The real Paul would never do that!

(I'm really stretching my imagination here)

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on February 13, 2013, 05:39:34 AM ---The Fool On The Cash Register?  Yeah, I can see that.  He sold his songs to Michael Jackson.  The real Paul would never do that!

(I'm really stretching my imagination here)

--- End quote ---

Haha, no, I wanted to use "till" as a kind of synonym of "coffin". Surely I'm wrong, but it's the closer word to "hill" I've found.

Bobber:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on February 06, 2013, 03:53:59 AM ---I agree.  Lani Hall and Karen Philipp had such beautiful voices.

--- End quote ---

Examples for Agnetha and Anni-Frid.

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: Bobber on February 13, 2013, 03:54:57 PM ---Examples for Agnetha and Anni-Frid.

--- End quote ---

Definitely!

Sérgio Mendes & Brasil '66 took their version of The Fool On The Hill to #6 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart and to #1 on the easy listening chart where it stayed at that position for six weeks in 1968.

BLEEN:
Always loved this tune, I really dig the mysterious feel as it goes into the chorus.

Anyone happen to know how they achieved that weird effect at the 2:40 mark? Kinda sounds like a sped up loop or something.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version